110 inch screen for 4K projector

captainrizal

Hi guys,

Recently I purchased BenQ 2700 4K projector to replace my Epson HD projector. BenQ is of course good but the image is spilling out of my 95" screen in spite of keystone adjustments. Neither can I move my projector or screen to make image further smaller. I am thinking of buying a screen now. I got few offers
For 110" and 100" screen, Elite screen quoting 27K for 110" and Regent (never heard about it) quoting around same.

Can you guys suggest how to go about it? My existing screen is from Carl Palace US. Can't wait to source from US again.

Hi guys,

Recently I purchased BenQ 2700 4K projector to replace my Epson HD projector. BenQ is of course good but the image is spilling out of my 95" screen in spite of keystone adjustments. Neither can I move my projector or screen to make image further smaller. I am thinking of buying a screen now. I got few offers
For 110" and 100" screen, Elite screen quoting 27K for 110" and Regent (never heard about it) quoting around same.

Can you guys suggest how to go about it? My existing screen is from Carl Palace US. Can't wait to source from US again.
You could use spandex too...Its cheap and pretty good. Or just use paint - some slightly dull white color. I used Silk Touch 01 Lt Screen Coating and think its good. Havent compared it to regular screens though.

Check this diy spandex

Last edited:
Hi guys,

If it isn't acoustically transparent then buy a ALR screen.
Gives superb contrast levels.

I ended up going the DIY route as well cause the acoustically transparent ones are so very expensive. Here's my 120" 16:9 screen made using some ply and three-layer spandex.

View attachment 41091
What wood did you go for ? I tried one yesterday but the frame is becoming too heavy. Need to go for something lighter. Also where did you procure the screen material from ?

Thanks

Thanks. where do you get Spandex material? Is it available on line?

What wood did you go for ? I tried one yesterday but the frame is becoming too heavy. Need to go for something lighter. Also where did you procure the screen material from ?

Thanks

I used 19mm plywood for the frame and attached them using some L clamps/brackets and some fevicol xpres glue. You can also try it with blockboard which can be even lighter.

As for the spandex material I sourced it from one of our well known FM's Kannan.

Can you guys suggest how to go about it?

If you prefer AT screen (fixed), this would be the cheapest and better option (to place center channel behind screen at ear level).. If you can DIY you will only need abt 5K max inclusive of all materials..

If you prefer for pulldown / motorised Vinyl screen options, may or may not slightly overshoot your budget..

If you prefer AT screen (fixed), this would be the cheapest and better option (to place center channel behind screen at ear level).. If you can DIY you will only need abt 5K max inclusive of all materials..
I can’t move the screen. I will have to replace the existing screen. I found few projector wall mounts in Amazon which are extendable, telescopic type. These can help to shorten the distance between projector n screen. But won’t help much.

I can’t move the screen. I will have to replace the existing screen. I found few projector wall mounts in Amazon which are extendable, telescopic type. These can help to shorten the distance between projector n screen. But won’t help much.

Could you share an image of your existing screen, just to understand the challenge..

Hi guys,

Why do want to use a spandex screen for such a high priced projector ?
Get Seymour screen fabric and build the screen.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back