16 awg speaker cables ( Lamington Road) ?

GOLLUM

My current setup is a norge 2060 amp and norge millenium speakers. I want to buy a 16 AWG speaker cable to replace the existing ones. I plan to visit Lamington Road (Bombay) to hunt for a decently priced good quality cables.

Can somebody suggest a couple of shops or local brands where I can have them , shop names with some landmarks will be appreciated as I not exactly familiar with that area.

I ask because its easy to get lost in the maze out there and any help will be appreciated...

Gollum

Suggest that you go with DAC 16AWG cable, check out the Dealers here.

If you want to go with Belden, search for a thread on Belden/Belkin, one of the members mentioned that he has access to Belden cables.

My current setup is a norge 2060 amp and norge millenium speakers. I want to buy a 16 AWG speaker cable to replace the existing ones. I plan to visit Lamington Road (Bombay) to hunt for a decently priced good quality cables.

Can somebody suggest a couple of shops or local brands where I can have them , shop names with some landmarks will be appreciated as I not exactly familiar with that area.

I ask because its easy to get lost in the maze out there and any help will be appreciated...

Gollum

Hi
Two shops that come to mind.
SPECTRA CONNECTRONICS & TOYO ELECTRIC
Both are at lamington road behind the police station. Spectra is on first floor & Toyo on ground floor of the same bldg.
I dont know the names of the bylanes but both these are very popular and any shop keeper will guide u.
The Belden dealer is across that bldg which u can check out too.
Why 16 AWG why not 12AWG? Price is not too different and wont cost much more unless really long lengths are involved.
Rgds

There are few more-
1.Associated cable= near Rl.station with good rates.
2.KL cables
3.Others are close to eachother next to Philips shop

Don't restrict yourself to just 16AWG. Try some more...

This may have been done to death but check this.

After reading that try one/all of these:

Option # 1 - Buy 4mm or 6mm Finolex Housegard electrical wire cable. Twist [lightly overlap] 2 wires for 1 run to a speaker.
Option # 2 - Buy Belden 89259. Build a cross connected cable courtesy the Jon Risch/Thorsten Loesch recipe. For more details - Google is your friend.
Option # 3 - Braided CAT5. Google is y...
Option # 4 - Speaker Cables,Manufacturers Speaker Cables,Exporters Speaker Cables,Speaker Cables India,Suppliers Speaker Cables,Speaker Cables Exporter

Make sure you get someone to switch cables for you for a blind test. Let us know what you heard [or didn't] different.

Last edited:
Keith,

Regarding finolex wires, Why not 1.5 sq mm ? I bought some 2.5 sq mm wire today and found it to be too thick.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back