1st Projector buy Epson TW8200 & Online Purchase Dilemma @ Killer Price!

Eddierockks

Hi fellow members

I will be shortly shifting to another bedroom (a rather old one ;) ) in my house as my current room has to undergo renovation. I expect this renovation to last for approximately 2 months. Now this secondary room measures 18.5' x 16.5' , 18.5' being the TV wall (where I wish to mount the screen). I have another thread in the forum going on at this time as well regarding purchase of a 5.1 satellite speaker system for my primary room. Here is the link:

http://www.hifivision.com/what-shou...-b-w-mt-50-vs-b-w-mt-60d-budget-3-4-lacs.html

Actually as you will read in the above thread, my primary (current) room is small for my B&W CM9 theater and hence, I had them speakers and all equipment packed up nicely in their original cartons about 3 weeks ago. Now in about a week's time, I will have to shift to this secondary room for sometime till renovation gets complete in my main room.

The Plan:

1. To have 5.1 satellite speaker in bedroom, after the renovation gets complete

2. To have B&W CM9 theater setup as it is with a PJ+Screen in the secondary room, even after I shift back to my main bedroom. Will be using that room as a HT room till I plan to construct my proper dedicated HT room.

3. Circumstances are such that my house has to go under renovation and some new construction and it will get complete by the end of next year, or maybe few months late.

(I hope I am beginning to make some sense now and you readers are have some idea of my intentions:))

Now, I have no experience with PJ's and screens and from past few weeks, I have been researching about that only. I have only demoed Epson TW6600 as my local dealer had that on demo only. I liked it but since budget is not a huge issue here, I thought maybe go all out and buy one of the most recommended projectors. Another major reason going for the 8200 instead of 6600 is this listing on Snapdeal.com :

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/epson-ehtw8200-home-theatre-projectors/1417732232#bcrumbLabelId:629

PJ retail price: 2.55 lakhs
Snapdeal price: 1.94 lakhs (1.98 lakhs but there's an offer going on for additional discount of Rs 4000 for purchases made over Rs 50,000)

Here are my issues:

1. The local dealers of course are discouraging me to purchase from Snapdeal saying that this would be a grey market product for sure.

2. Local dealers are offering the best price of 2.30 lakhs i.e. approximately 10% discount. I can push more but I doubt they will be able to match it.

3. The SD seller's listing states his seller name as "AUDIO ZONE". A quick google search couldn't validate any company/organisation by that name doing HT business in Mumbai.

4. I sent him a message asking about authenticity of the listing. He said he is the authorized distributor from Mumbai and I shouldn't worry about it.

5. Epson India's website states that any purchases made from Snapdeal, Amazon or Ebay would not carry any warranty. Here is the link:

http://www.epson.co.in/sites/epson_india/Epson_Disclaimer.pdf

6. When I shared point number 5 with the seller, he said we can proceed directly without Snapdeal.com

7. Had I not seen the price online, I would have settled with my dealer's best price that I could have been to negotiate and went ahead with the purchase. But since I did see it, the difference between dealer's price and SD's price is 36,000! This is a huge difference!

8. I want to have the warranty but I would really like to avail that discount but of course, not at the cost of Official Warranty.

- Now, if he is the same guy at snapdeal, why name a listing with different name such as Audio Zone?

- His seller score of 3.4/5 doesn't help much either.

- Anybody with any experience with this company? Please share your experience. I am looking to close this purchase soon after hearing your thoughts/advise. Thanks for reading this post, Good night.

@ sachin.shiva - Rather than putting extra effort on a one liner generic statement, I would have been helpful if you could provide the specific reasons. I have bought many items online and did not face any problem most of the time.

In OPs case, yes it is a high value item and should not be bought without verifying the warranty details. Same projector is available on Amazon.in for c. 2.02 lacs but warranty details not available.

MZ Audio is an importer and distributor of many hifi brands, it would be wise to deal with him directly if he agrees. I seriously doubt that the seller is the same though his source may be MZ. Check and bargain with other dealers citing reference of online prices, you never know you might get better prices with dealers too.

I would suggest buying from an international site, if you are not getting a warranty, atleast the US warranty would be valid and it would be much cheaper.

If local warranty is important, then dont buy from snapdeal as you will not get warranty.

vinay , I am not getting your point .As per epson India,online purchase warranty is not available .Hope for such amount this one statement is enough.

Also you can check with local Epson office for the said product.

Hi Freinds ,
for further clarity please get in touch with EPSON INDIA

Chandra I spoke to them and they gave me city sales head contact details asking me to check with them about authorized dealers. Said they don't have the latest data on their website. What a shame!

Hi Eddirocks,
I have sent you personal mail/private message .please check it.
thanks
shiv

Thanks shiv but I would not be interested in a purchase at that price. I am rather going to finalize a new piece soon. Good luck with your sale thou.

Eddie, Thanks. But buy it with warranty and it's really superb projector. Enjoy & Hope you will post pictures soon.

Eddie, Thanks. But buy it with warranty and it's really superb projector. Enjoy & Hope you will post pictures soon.

Thank you Shiva. I will be probably up and running by next week. Will surely be posting pictures soon. And yes, I will be buying it with warranty. :)

Guys, like I mentioned before, I have no experience with screens.

1. Using a wall as screen isn't an option because the wall surface isn't plain and it's recently painted in white colour as well. My painter told me that he needs at least a week to do it with proper punning and it won't be a cheap and easy project. Rather he advised me against it as the room was recently painted.

2. I have been quoted 27k tax paid for a Liberty Grandview 110" 16:9 motorized screen delivered to my home. Been told that it's 100% original and there are a lot of fakes in the market. This dealer that has quoted me is trustworthy in the sense that he would definitely not sell me a fake product. Prices can vary thou. I am leaning on your guys experience about the pricing part. The dealer would be sending me the specifications and model name etc. shortly but he tells me that this would be best option for me. 120" would be much bigger for viewing distance of around 14'-15'. What is your take on that?

3. A local dealer quoted 14.5k for a 100" Liberty Grandview motorized screen but couldn't tell me the exact model and specs etc. He was too reluctant to share all that info. That option looks fishy to me. :rolleyes:

4. Is elite a better option in the said price range? I find info about elite all over the web.

5. The website of Grandview is so confusing with tons of different model names and all model names offering manual, fixed and electric screen options. Many of them offer same sizes as well. So it's too tough for a novice to understand. They should rather have Product Finder on their website.

Hoping to hear from you guys soon, have a great weekend. :cheers:

I am using DIY screen using material from cralofet.com. It is working really well. It is fixed screen.

BTW, I am using it with 8200.

I am using DIY screen using material from cralofet.com. It is working really well. It is fixed screen.

Rahul is the link that you provided right? I am unable to open it. Maybe if you can recheck the spellings. Btw how much did it cost you in total?

I'm from hyd too and in the process of setting up my room. You got it shipped to hyd? Any customs problems? How much did it cost? Did the material suffer from shears and folds?

I'm from hyd too and in the process of setting up my room. You got it shipped to hyd? Any customs problems? How much did it cost? Did the material suffer from shears and folds?
One of my friend got it for me. The cost was around $60 including the 2" black tape.

There are few fold mark on the screen but very light as it stretches bit while putting on frame.

I purchased my Epson 8200 PJ about 9 months ago from MZ Audio located at Bandra, Mumbai. I got it for Rs. 2 Lacs. It is with warranty and is performing excellent. My Sony 52" LED TV is not working for few days now and we watch all the prog on 106" screen and with this PJ. Only non HD prog looks bad on big screen as poor quality is also magnified. I think currently there is no equivalent to Epson TW 8200 PJ in India.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back