2011 TV Models

^ Google 'CES 2011 Television' and you will get to read a lot about upcoming televisions.

Well check out the CES thread for the features,as far as the indian launch you can start seeing the sony models in late feb and others by late march to august time frame.

Panasonic -about the last week of May-1st week of June. The higher end models like the VT30 should ship by August-September
Samsung- The usual 7000 and 8000 series start being available by June though they start being advertised late May. The rest of the models would be available by the July-August period
LG have release schedules more or less similar to Samsung. Certain product lines can be quite unpredictably available for short periods.

Last edited:
Well check out the CES thread for the features,as far as the indian launch you can start seeing the sony models in late feb and others by late march to august time frame.

New models of Sony by Feb??

Any promotions expected before World cup? (especially in 3-D models)

Last edited:
New models of Sony by Feb??

Any promotions expected before World cup? (especially in 3-D models)

Well Sony should launch them in feb,but it mainly depends on the amount of old models left in their warehouses.so unless they clear them they won't launch the new ones,Sony is know to price their old models well below competition during their clearance sale.

No idea about the world cup offer,but i believe one still gets some freebies with 3d tvs .

Technically they are not freebies. What would you do with a 3D TV anyway, without the glasses, media and the player? :mad:

You can buy a DSLR with body but the media,the lens,filters bags are all extra.

why buy a HDTV then i mean if there was no HD content.

Anyway you still get to watch 2d content with 3d tvs.

But that is a camera, not a 3D TV. I think sandeep's stance is correct. The company should not be made to feel that things like 3D glasses are complementary for which they deserve thanks: rather they should be made to understand that they are part of standard accessories with the TV which must be supplied.
You cannot use the example of camera to make a point about 3D TV. Then why not look at cars? Would you buy a car with only 3 gears, if company says that they will fit the fourth one at additional expense?? Would you buy a car without headlights? Would you purchase a pair of jeans without zipper? Would you buy a guitar/sitar without strings?? Would you buy an aquarium without fish?

Last edited:
But that is a camera, not a 3D TV. I think sandeep's stance is correct. The company should not be made to feel that things like 3D glasses are complementary for which they deserve thanks: rather they should be made to understand that they are part of standard accessories with the TV which must be supplied.
You cannot use the example of camera to make a point about 3D TV. Then why not look at cars? Would you buy a car with only 3 gears, if company says that they will fit the fourth one at additional expense?? Would you buy a car without headlights? Would you purchase a pair of jeans without zipper? Would you buy a guitar/sitar without strings?? Would you buy an aquarium without fish?

I do believe 3 d glasses should be part of the tv,but saying that one should get the media along with a 3d player as part of the 3d tv is asking a lot.
Personally i still don't buy the current 3d tech and not a fan of wearing glasses.
The thing about 3d tvs is that manufactures throw in better processing,backlight,motion enhancers to 3d tvs so they make it a better 2d tv.

If you are talking about the media for 3D then in that respect I agree. And like you I feel that the current 3D tech still has a long way to go. Also completely true that 3D TV'd do a damn good job with 2D

Because it beats the standard 2D TV in picture quality. And because you ,might want to occasionally want to watch the odd 3D movie. (and don't think that people buying 3D TV watch 3D all the time). And because it gives you bragging rights.

Imagine this:
Ha Sharma-ji, mere bete ne ek naya TV kharid liya. Woh sabse naya technology waala. Pata nahi, 3D ya kuch hai naam. Bahut kimti wala hai. Pure sheher mai bhi aisa waala nahi milenge. Dekhne mai maaza aata hai. TV ke andaar se picture bahaar aata hain. Ha ji, FTV dekhne mein bahooot maaza aata hai.

Last edited:
Ha Sharma-ji, mere bete ne ek naya TV kharid liya. Woh sabse naya technology waala. Pata nahi, 3D ya kuch hai naam. Bahut kimti wala hai. Pure sheher mai bhi aisa waala nahi milenge. Dekhne mai maaza aata hai. TV ke andaar se picture bahaar aata hain. Ha ji, FTV dekhne mein bahooot maaza aata hai.

Hahahaha.....!!:lol:

But not all 3D TVs convert 2D to 3D, so lets not really think about FTV (wud be really nice though)!!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back