29" CRT in India (dec 2007)

borguk

Philips 29PT8836/94 is missing in action. Even Sony WEGA KV-DZ29M80 and KV-SZ29M80/50 have been discontinued. Where have all the good CRT's gone?

I have a budget of upto 35K (expandable to 50k for a really good buy) but space constraints mean that I can't go for anything larger than 29" (78 cms width is the total showcase space I have). Right now, I have just my RF cable and composite output from the graphics card of my comp but I will be looking into consoles the coming summer. Can anyone suggest a good buy?
  • CRT.
  • Great picture quality.
  • The sound should be just about ok (I can always attach a good external speaker).
  • Multi Hd is something I should be looking for?
  • Double composite is a must.
  • Max width 78.4cms. Max depth:60cms.
  • I have a Nvidia 8600GT 512mb which can output s-video and DVI-I. IT came with a S-Video to component cable.

Why dont you check out the Akai Bravo range. Should fit in your budget and AVMax and What HiFi were praising it for the value for money advantage.

Haven't seen it myself. Try your luck.

Why dont you check out the Akai Bravo range. Should fit in your budget and AVMax and What HiFi were praising it for the value for money advantage.

Haven't seen it myself. Try your luck.

I already have an Akai CRT 21" and I am not going to purchase anything from that company again. Akai has no idea what quality or service means. I have had to replace their remotes every 4 months and the TV has seen too many problems. I am done with Akais unless they have drastically changed.

Besides, that is an lcd. Any CRT's worth the money?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back