2nd system

jenson

im planning to build a second system which would be easier for my wife to use and would be my second system for no frill use (in my current cadence setup, i start by removing covers of electrostats, power on amp for 10 mins, then listen!, my wife feels i act like im entering a temple :) ) - Jai's thread in similar lines was an eye opener in this regard.

im looking at an amp in the range of 30k, should i go for Norge or Pulz, any opinion on which one is better built?

anything else worthwhile in that range...?

i have not decided on speakers yet, but it would be a book shelf. im tempted to try out r400 by pulz an their matching speakers ...total would come around 54k. im not familiar with Norge though

Hi Jenson

If your wife is not too fussy about the sound and she listens to downloads and streamed music, then a Bose Soundlink is super convenient. That's what I use at my home. You can even carry it with you in your car. I feel a second system should be portable. You should be able to carry it with you to the kitchen, bedroom or wherever

Last edited:
A pair of active speakers would be a good starting point.

Personally I can recommend these: PreSonus Eris E4.5 Monitors | Sweetwater.com

Available for around 17k in India. Very non fussy speakers. Can be placed on a shelf instead of dedicated stands. Don't need a preamp (front volume control). Sound ridiculously good for the money. I use them as desktop and casual listening speakers for a small room (~200sft). I had AudioEngine A5s in the past and these are in a different league.

Other option is an all-in-one + bookshelves like Naturelover recommended.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back