3d-htpc :)

I have DL sw ,but didnt try yet.I ned to get glasses.

well maybe you can convert a small sample video and post it on the forum..
people here have anaglyph glasses, maybe they can test it out and let us know their experiences..
meanwhile i am also searching something in opensource.. x264 had some parameters, which i read somewhere but not sure..

Has anybody tried the Hybrid CrossFire on the AMD785 using a GPU and onboard graphics to get a 3d capable display on a single monitor/prj using the altername frame rendering techinique (Alternate Frame Rendering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
If yes, please provide inputs.. i am thinking of getting AMD based chipset but confused between 785 + Athlon II X4 630 2.8GHz or 790 + Phenom II X2 555 (potentially unlockable thru 790, but has poor onboard graphics)

Which type of glasses come free with BD disc?
I have Monster vs alliens.I dont have BDP & did not opened that.

only a "trailer is 3d, not the main film (if youpurchased it in india, like I did). there are 4 sets of Magenta (?? - it's not red)-green specs inside

quite a development for you over this weekend.....
i can very well understand.. coz i was in same situation few months back...

3D looks amazing on HD

try few 720p/1080p movies.... i ll PM u a link... (i don't have permission to put such links here so...)

once you get your glasses
do google for 3D photos

you can buy more RED CYAN/ RED BLUE if u want from
from
3D Anaglyph Stereo Photos BUY 3D GLASS
eBay India: 10 Red Cyan (Blue) 3D Anaglyph Glasses 3-Dimensional (item 300382181309 end time 29-Jan-2010 22:33:20 IST)

and all other kind of glasses from dealextreme

Cheers......

God, this forum never ceases to amaze me . Just like you the 3D bug bit me too after watching avatar in IMAX Hyderabad. I have downloaded 3d - HD movies such as Polar Express, Sea Monsters a Prehistoric Adventure, My Bloody Valentine etc . Now the next questions , I was planning to procure glasses from USA. Here is a link which i found :-
https://3dstereo.cybrhost.com/

What do u think of the above site avijeet ? Which glasses do I order from this site .Is it possible to watch 3d content using my WD TV player , 26" Samsung LCD and a pair of these glasses ? I really did not do much research on this and thought my existing combination would be good enough . Help here would be highly appreciated. ( I intend to upgrade to a viera 42 " soon but for the next 6 mths atleast , I plan to use my existing setup)

God, this forum never ceases to amaze me . Just like you the 3D bug bit me too after watching avatar in IMAX Hyderabad. I have downloaded 3d - HD movies such as Polar Express, Sea Monsters a Prehistoric Adventure, My Bloody Valentine etc . Now the next questions , I was planning to procure glasses from USA. Here is a link which i found :-
https://3dstereo.cybrhost.com/

What do u think of the above site avijeet ? Which glasses do I order from this site .Is it possible to watch 3d content using my WD TV player , 26" Samsung LCD and a pair of these glasses ? I really did not do much research on this and thought my existing combination would be good enough . Help here would be highly appreciated. ( I intend to upgrade to a viera 42 " soon but for the next 6 mths atleast , I plan to use my existing setup)

Dear illusion,

I am not aware bout the realibity of that site....
as i mentioned it before...
for My Bloody Valentine...Carolina....Journey to the center of the earth.... you need Magenta/Green and for Polar Express u need Cyan/Red.....

Always opt for cost effective options....
coz these are just Analyptic 3D Glasses... and there is No rocket science in it... :)

Enjoy... the 3D experience... but dont expect it to be as good as
4D Effect of Ramoji or the 3D u have seen @ IMAX

Regards

Just installed PowerDVD 10 Trial & friends its much better than 9.
I found it is stable & scales DVD much better way.It is 3D ready too.(I did not test)
I played Avatar DVD rip & it is much clean in PDVD10 than VLC.

For 3-D to be effective the monitor should have a minimum resolution of 120Hz and operate above 120Hz . Otherwise ghosting can occur . Nvidia had a 3-d demo for us dealers and they did explian that very clearly . After the show got over I came home and put up my 23" lcd monitor for sale as it would not support 120HZ .

Basic q .. do these 3d rips work on normal hardware (blue ray players) ? I am getting the impression if the monitor supports 120hz then it is all OK ?

If so then is there any use of going for specific 3d supporting hardware ?(eg oppo bdp 93)

Basic q .. do these 3d rips work on normal hardware (blue ray players) ? I am getting the impression if the monitor supports 120hz then it is all OK ?

If so then is there any use of going for specific 3d supporting hardware ?(eg oppo bdp 93)

I do not know about the player hardware optimisation . But , i know for sure you must have a graphic card which supports 120Hz and has CUDA and HDMI and a monitor which also supports 120hz .

Ok read the entire thread but few things not clear to summarizing my findings and questions:

1) 2 Types of 3-D techniques (glasses) Stereoscopic and Anaglyph

2) Stereoscopic requires 120 Hz or higher Panel/LCD/Monitor with supporting graphic card ATI 5*** series

3) Anaglyph does not require a 120 Hz display and would work on regular panels? Confirm Pls.

4) Anaglyph glass can be created by simply having one eye red and one green

5) Are all 3-D movies visible through both formats? In other words how do you know the movie trailer you download is stereoscopic or anaglyph

6) Is anaglyph content available on net? Is it different from stereoscopic and how do you know what is what?

Many Thanks. Cheers :)

Back