4 channel amp suggestion for pioneer 80prs

Upgraded my headunit to 80prs. Struggling to find a good recommendation for 4 channel amp. Any suggestions?

what is the rest of the chain. Since you have the 80PRS now, are you planning to go active.
Which speakers are you using and are you planning to add a sub

I am running a 3 way active setup using Pioneer P99RS! Front components are rainbow vanadiums and using audiofrog drivers for the base.. dont have a dedicated subwoofer at this moment.. I have a TRU monoblock and a rainbow vanadium subwoofer which can be added if really needed..

As for the amplification, am using Mosconi AS200.2 for the base and Flux audio 4 channel amplifier (dont remember the model though) for the tweeters and mids...

Another important point is that you need to have a really good installer for doing the installation and more importantly the TUNING!! luckily, we have a great one in Cochin, who is a mad audiophile too.. Make sure you get a good installer...

I am running a 3 way active setup using Pioneer P99RS! Front components are rainbow vanadiums and using audiofrog drivers for the base.. dont have a dedicated subwoofer at this moment.. I have a TRU monoblock and a rainbow vanadium subwoofer which can be added if really needed..

As for the amplification, am using Mosconi AS200.2 for the base and Flux audio 4 channel amplifier (dont remember the model though) for the tweeters and mids...

Another important point is that you need to have a really good installer for doing the installation and more importantly the TUNING!! luckily, we have a great one in Cochin, who is a mad audiophile too.. Make sure you get a good installer...

Very nice and drool setup indeed. Are the tweeters fabricated into the A Pillars or the dash? The sub should bring in more magic, especially with native 4-way active support on the P99RS, the tru is another high-end amp.

I too run a 4-way active setup with Eclipse CD7200mk2, only the tweeters are crossed on the amp, rest of the stuff in the HU as it is 3-way capable only. Use a 4 inch wideband, 7 inch midbass and a 10 inch sub. Two 4-channel Pioneer amps power the drivers.

Upgraded my headunit to 80prs. Struggling to find a good recommendation for 4 channel amp. Any suggestions?

Budget and rest of the chain, would really help if you need good suggestions.

I'm using an 80PRS as only source, front RCA outputs to a Helix DSP Pro processor and running 4 way active front stage only. Amps used Mosconi AS 200.4 & 100.4, speakers all Audiofrog.

Cheers

Very nice and drool setup indeed. Are the tweeters fabricated into the A Pillars or the dash? The sub should bring in more magic, especially with native 4-way active support on the P99RS, the tru is another high-end amp.

Yes. The tweeters are mounted in the A pillar using custom pods. I haven't really felt the need for a subwoofer as of now. Moreover, a subwoofer integration should be challenging since i dont want anything to go away or eat into the base done by the Audiofrogs at the back...Otherwise, it should be a really fast and smooth sub like a JLaudio W7, which should just support the audiofrogs and be done with it! but really dont want to take that route now...

Moreover, a subwoofer integration should be challenging since i dont want anything to go away or eat into the base done by the Audiofrogs at the back...Otherwise, it should be a really fast and smooth sub like a JLaudio W7, which should just support the audiofrogs and be done with it! but really dont want to take that route now...

With the versatility of P99RS, tuning in the sub to the front stage should not be a great problem, this is even more easier in a 3-way frontstage where the midbass is not doing any midrange duty like in 2-way front stage.
Anyhow to everyone his own.
I can very much guess your audiophile installer :)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back