40" LED TV - Need your help on my choice!

sanmaster

Hi -

I have grounded on 3 models in my research i have done the last weekend on LED TVs.

1)LG 42LV3730 ( 55,800 /- :yahoo: )
2)Panasonic L42E30D ( 64,000 /- )
3)Samsung UA40D5500RR ( 61,990 /- )

All the above prices are yet to be negotiable.

Please suggest which one is best among the above 3. All the 3 are having the same features. all the 3 boast of Smart applications like Skype,Youtube,Facebook,ShoutCast(In Panny)

I am worried about the USB Video formats they can play. I heard Samsung plays almost all the video formats. I could find Samsung/LG USB format details in the Technical Specs in their websites and i can see that almost all the popular formats of videos and codecs are compatible. But i could not find any codec/video format details in Panasonic website. Please answer me the below questions:

- i personally heard discussions about only LG/Sony/Samsung in LED TVs. I am more inclined to Panasonic due to its technology and reliability. So please suggest is Panasonic a loser in LED technology? or i can go with panasonic?

- in the showroom, salesperson played MKV format videos in Panny and they came really well. Please let me know if Panny plays MPEG,MP4,DIVX,AVI formats too?

- Shall i opt for LG because the cost is less when compared to Panny/Sammy

- because Samsung is leading in Sales numbers, people around me are suggesting to go with Samsung , but i need your Pro advice on which technology is better and reliable.

Thank you,
San

Dude samsung 40D6000 3d led is available for around 60-65k. why pay 61,999 for 40D5500 ???They are robbing you by selling D5500 for 62k !!!

The MRP price quoted in the website and in the showrooms is 68,900 /- . will the dealer sell it less than almost 10-13K ?

The MRP prices on the samsung website and in showrooms are always inflated... So its better to always do some research on the present market rates and bargain with the dealer...Have pm'd you the present market rate for samsung UA40D5500RR , take it as a standard and bargain with your dealer or dealers..

Which is a better deal if i can get all the 3 LG/Panny/Samsung in the same price range and does the DTS audio format really matter. I mostly view movies downloaded from the internet. Do these formats come with DTS audio format.

Instead of media playback, look for better picture quality. For media playback you can always buy an entry level media player for 2K. Also check whether the TV can send 5.1 digital sound through optical out if you really want usb playback.

Instead of media playback, look for better picture quality. For media playback you can always buy an entry level media player for 2K. Also check whether the TV can send 5.1 digital sound through optical out if you really want usb playback.

What would be the best one among these 3. i could hardly notice the best one among these 3 in the showroom as he has played the same high PQ video in all the 3 to demonstrate. The only difference i could see, Samsung colours are too bright and LG has a bit lower on the side because of some IPS Panel

Hi -

- because Samsung is leading in Sales numbers, people around me are suggesting to go with Samsung , but i need your Pro advice on which technology is better and reliable.

Thank you,
San

Hi San:

I don't know whether you are looking for a 3D LED TV, if not, Toshiba PS10ZE at 43 K is a good buy, at least in Mumbai. It may not be very feature rich with only 2xHDMI, but then it plays almost 27 formats in USB. have booked it last afternoon and expect to get it by tomorrow.

In my personal opinion sony 40ex520 is a very good 2D led tv. It has really natural colors and plasma like black levels and good motion handling.

If you are not keen on 3D, go with Samsung. Samsung is the best. Plays all video formats with ease and over all quality of hardware is better. In case you want 3D, forget Samsung and the Active shutter 3D is pain to the eyes and impractical. 3D is best handled by LG's passive 3D technology, with 4 free eye friendly 3D glasses. I can'y comment on Panasonic as I never thought the picture quality and motion smoothness is comparable to Samsung or LG.

How is Sony Nx720? how good it is compared to Sony 40Ex720/40D6000/40D6600?

Price from dubai...
Sony 40Nx720 - 4999Dhs
Sony 40Ex720 - 3999Dhs
Samsung 40D6000 -
Samsung 40D6600 - 4799Dhs

Why is Sony LED's not much discussed in HFV?

I had demo of EX720, looks good... colors are not artificial as samsung LED 6 series.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back