46-47" LCD Sony vs LG Showdown?

huntersingh

Im getting for 83K either of them

Sony KLV-46V550a - 46"

LG 47" LH50

WHich one should i buy

LG does have 200Hz, 2ms response time and other features which they brag about, but SONY has its brandname.

Which one would be a better buy ? Expert help will be great

well the LG has 100hz + backlight blinking,but they call it 200hz.only true 200hz tvs in india are samsung B740 , B8000 and sony Z450A,Z550A.

the LG is slightly better in motion due to 100hz,but still lacks the contrast of the sony v550A or even a samsung B550.nor is its image processing as good as the other two especially in SD.

Last edited:
well the LG has 100hz + backlight blinking,but they call it 200hz.only true 200hz tvs in india are samsung B740 , B8000 and sony Z450A,Z550A.

the LG is slightly better in motion due to 100hz,but still lacks the contrast of the sony v550A or even a samsung B550.nor is its image processing as good as the other two especialy in SD.

LG's contrast ratio is 150000:1 Dynamic , but i dont have the figure for Sony
i assume 150000 is quite godo ?

LG's contrast ratio is 150000:1 Dynamic , but i dont have the figure for Sony
i assume 150000 is quite godo ?

well don't go for the contrast ration quoted in website and brochures.its the dynamic contrast,which is of no use,like PMPO in audio.

the real static contrast if u go by the ANSI method the best of LG lcds wont cross the 1000:1 and the best of the sony lcds won't cross the 3000:1,without LED dimming.

well don't go for the contrast ration quoted in website and brochures.its the dynamic contrast,which is of no use,like PMPO in audio.

the real static contrast if u go by the ANSI method the best of LG lcds wont cross the 1000:1 and the best of the sony lcds won't cross the 3000:1,without LED dimming.

Thanks for your help adder. Its of much use.

SO i should buy sony right ? Im leaving my decision to you know as im impressed by your knowledge.

Also since im naive to this.. can you suggest any other lcd .. 46"+ under 95K which i should buy ?

look forward for your advice again

Thanks for your help adder. Its of much use.

SO i should buy sony right ? Im leaving my decision to you know as im impressed by your knowledge.

Also since im naive to this.. can you suggest any other lcd .. 46"+ under 95K which i should buy ?

look forward for your advice again

well if it is SD that is important the V550A is a excellent choice,however under 95k u can consider the samsung 46B650 it does have 100hz,whether u can get under 95k depends on ur bargaining skills.

@rajapraveen80
depends on how u measure it.

Last edited:
Kindly rate the following in order of preference of buying ?

a - Sony KLV-46V550a - 46"

b - LG 47" LH50

c - Samsung 46B650

d - LG LED TV 47LH90

help much appreciated

Kindly rate the following in order of preference of buying ?

a - Sony KLV-46V550a - 46"

b - LG 47" LH50

c - Samsung 46B650

d - LG LED TV 47LH90

help much appreciated

Each of the above will have +'s & -'s. It really depends on your requirements. If you ask 4 different individuals to rate, you may get as many ratings. So it is very individualistic.

However, considering PQ, SD signal upscaling & Contrasts are most important criteria, the following would be my take from the list you provided:

SONY V series

SAMSUNG B650 / LG LED

LG LH50

However, if VFM is criteria then LG LH50 / LG LED would lead. The USB port on LH50 can play DivX movie formats. Followed by Samsung B650 and then the Sony V series.

The SONY V series does not have the 100 Hz motion flow technology found in W series & up in Sony models. However the other 3 LCDs you mentioned have 200 Hz True Motion (LG) / 100 Hz Motion Plus (Samsung).

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back