4K Blu Ray Player

What are the capabilities of XBox One S 4K player? I mean which type of discs it can play? and of which regions? Its available in Ebay.in @21.5 lowest price.

The article is quite technically elaborative from gaming point of view. I am not inclined towards gaming, intend to use 4K Blu Ray player of the console to play my multimedia content, hence want to know if the player will play Indian 1080p Blurays, DVDs, Audio CDs etc.? Its clear it has streaming capabilities from Netflix, Amazon Video for India. Gaming capabilities will be added advantage.

To be frank I don't really understand the myth about Oppo bluray players. I too fell for it and bought a BDP-105 and found it to be nothing special. Nothing special about image quality and user interface is pretty poor. Many times it hangs and I have to restart the player. Compared to that a Panasonic DMP-BDT500 which is an older model seems much better for me. Only problem I have with that one is it doesn't play high bitrate movies over the network. Not sure whether that is fixed in UBP900.

My advice is don't fall for players like Oppo just based on reviews without actually seeing them and also look at other players like Panasonic and Pioneer.

Last edited:
The article is quite technically elaborative from gaming point of view. I am not inclined towards gaming, intend to use 4K Blu Ray player of the console to play my multimedia content, hence want to know if the player will play Indian 1080p Blurays, DVDs, Audio CDs etc.? Its clear it has streaming capabilities from Netflix, Amazon Video for India. Gaming capabilities will be added advantage.

I think, you need to buy Xbox One S from India with India warranty,

if DVD or Blu-Ray is locked to our region then xbox one s brought from US will not be able to play it.

For more information please check below link
Supported regions and formats for Blu-ray and DVD movies on Xbox One

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back