4K Blu-ray Players in India? Where are they?

ishan_bansal

I cannot find any 4K Players in Market. My LG OLED c7 is coming and I want to make the most of it with UHD HDR blu-ray movies which also apparently are only available at Amazon. Are there no 4K players.

Samsung & Panasonic & Oppo all available from 28k onwards.
Where are you located?
Officially?? I know about opportunity but they are too expensive. I'm from Patiala, Punjab and I got the OLED from a local LG Brand store only. I visited a local Samsung store to ask about Blu Ray player but they said that there are no 4K players offered by Samsung. LG said the same thing.

Ishan,

I got my Oppo UDP 203 through the official India dealer at ~75K. Covers for India warranty and get me an official region free player. Plus, you can order directly from Oppo India website too as I understand. Considering how much more expensive UDP 205 is over 203, I think 203 is a great player to have.

Ishan,

I got my Oppo UDP 203 through the official India dealer at ~75K. Covers for India warranty and get me an official region free player. Plus, you can order directly from Oppo India website too as I understand. Considering how much more expensive UDP 205 is over 203, I think 203 is a great player to have.
That's is a very expensive Blu-ray player. I checked out the their website. I was looking for something around 30K. Where do you get your Blu-rays from?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Ishan,

I have been looking for a 4K BDP and narrowed on Panasonic UB900 from Amazon Germany. But it does not have Dolby Vision. So I am still deciding.

Oppo 203 is the only BDP with Dolby Vision. The LG 790 is a bad player from what I read. Many people have returned and got either a Samsung or Sony.

It is such stupidity that none of the major brands are selling 4K BDP when they are selling 4K HDR TVs :)

I
It is such stupidity that none of the major brands are selling 4K BDP when they are selling 4K HDR TVs :)
EXACTLY!! I was so frustrated to find out that none of the companies that offer 4K TVs in India offer a true 4K Blu-ray Player.
That's why I still think going for a 4K LCD/LED isn't Worth it. However it's LG's OLED tech that makes it worth it. It's really something else. The difference between my older Sony EX720 and C7 is astonishing! Now I can no longer ignore the 'gray' blacks on the Sony.

i am usin gthe Xbox One S good 4K player, might as well be putting it for sale soon.
How is Xbox One S performing in terms of 4k player? What TV have you hooked it up with? It seems like the only option as of now. I read somewhere that Dolby Vision update is promised by Microsoft, is that true?

Guys what's the best price of Oppo 203 that you've got? It's tough for me to believe that it doesn't carry any discounts on it. I'm thinking of taking the plunge but paying full retail is hard to swallow for me.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

Guys what's the best price of Oppo 203 that you've got? It's tough for me to believe that it doesn't carry any discounts on it. I'm thinking of taking the plunge but paying full retail is hard to swallow for me.

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

No great discounts available, to be honest. I doubt you will get it less than 70k with the MRP of ~75K.

The 203 costs around 70-72k with Fair Deal Electronics....that was the price before GST....if you want it, you will need to wait for a couple of weeks as most suppliers / main dealers are reviewing and evaluating costings etc....so by 15th July we should get a better idea of what it is.....

If someone is in a hurry now, you may end up spending 28% GST which is non refundable.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back