4K Projectors worth considering besides Optoma UHZ65

JayaRaa

Hi,

Would like to know which 4K models, fm's are using and what should be features to look for, plus what would be the negatives in selecting one for future proof for say 2-3 years

Currently looking at Optoma UHZ65, the price currently offered for it is 3.5L. Which other models should be considered to compare with this optoma model?

I saw demo of Optoma UHZ65 and I was clearly able to see Rainbow effects :( . Make sure you look at in person before buying. I found Epson 8300 output to be pretty good. Also sales and support are good in Epson projectors. Just FYI : Both of these are fake 4k projectors.

@shankarcams from where you got Sony 550ES and for how much ?

Last edited:
I am using a Sony VPL VW 550ES and am delighted with it
Thanks, what was the price and where did you get a demo of the same?

I saw demo of Optoma UHZ65 and I was clearly able to see Rainbow effects :( . Make sure you look at in person before buying. I found Epson 8300 output to be pretty good. Also sales and support are good in Epson projectors. Just FYI : Both of these are fake 4k projectors.
Yes, 8300 is very good indeed & your observation on sales/support is noted as well. True 4K is currently out of reach for most of us.

Sadly, i doubt anyone can have side by side comparo of atleast 2 models to get better idea as to which one would be better. Atleast 1 advantage of the UHZ65 is that it is laser based so lifespan is much longer than bulb based projectors.

Any other models worth considering?

I am using a JVC RS540 and it's phenomenal. Best in class contrast and blacks are amazing especially in a dedicated HT room that can be made pitch dark. With the use of custom curves, the HDR on this projector is also quite good.

Hi,

Would like to know which 4K models, fm's are using and what should be features to look for, plus what would be the negatives in selecting one for future proof for say 2-3 years

Currently looking at Optoma UHZ65, the price currently offered for it is 3.5L. Which other models should be considered to compare with this optoma model?
I'm using UHD 65 and pretty happy with it. UHZ65 has the laser advantage when it comes to the lamp life

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back