5.1.4 Vs 5.1.2 Atmos ceiling speakers

sunster

Would 5.1.4 make a huge difference compared to 5.1.2 ceiling mounted Atmos speakers. I auditioned a 5.1.2 system today and it sounded awesome.

Would 5.1.4 make a huge difference compared to 5.1.2 ceiling mounted Atmos speakers. I auditioned a 5.1.2 system today and it sounded awesome.

I just have a pair of heights in my ceiling.. But, more overheads should be good to create the envelope of sound above your listening position..

Positioning the ceiling speaker towards your listening position will help for a greater experience..

If you find 5.1.2 good then go for it......although having more speakers will spread the effects quite well (Envelope soundfield).

TRy to audition such a setup to decide for yourself.....whichever set up is done, ensure the room has the required treatment which supports then effective experience.

5.1.4 means more wiring and also changing the AVR which is a huge bomb. Also the distance between the Front Heights and Rear Heights would be not more than 5 feet and the main listening area is near the Rear Heights. Im just thinking would the front height and rear height effects overlap with such a small gap ?

Probably the 5.1.4 will be better than 5.1.2 ,but it will mainly depends upon the room size & seating arrangents of listening position.
If u have more than one row of seat ,then 5.1.4 will be the best.The panning effects in the heights will be better in 5.1.4 comparatively.

this is my current room and as you can see the seating is mainly in the back. Speakers would be installed just in front of the 2 leds in the back. Near the fan.20180708_130420 copy.jpg

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back