5.1 Channel Home theater speaker system - Budget Upto 3.5 Lakhs

Desire

Hey guys! I have a Small to medium sized basement which is currently unused. Its about 220 sq.ft (16x14). I visited my friends house yesterday as he had just got his Home Theater room done. I was amazed by the sound quality. He had a focal setup(Focal chorus 826v, 4 focal surround speakers, 2 Subs and a center apeaker all by focal) and a Denon 3312 receiver. Since my area is smaller than his home theater, i wanted to go for a 5.1 setup. Which Speakers and also av recevier do you suggest that fall within 3.5L? Im going to be spending another 1.5L for the Epson 5010 3d projector. Also, please PM me if you know dealers in Bangalore. Thank You!

Hi,

We just got into a group buy for Epson TW8000 (5010) 3D projector. We already paid the advance and the waiting period is 2-3 months. We got a good rate :). If you are interested, we can add you into the group buy as well. The projector will be send from Mumbai. I am also based in Bangalore and I am planning to get the projector couriered to me when its available.

For HT speakers, I have recently auditioned THX package from Jamo - D500 and D600.

D500 is around 1.8L and D600 will be around 4L+. I think for your room size, Jamo D500 is worth a try.

I am also going to build a home theater setup. I am doing research and my latest thought is to buy 3 good center channel speakers for Left, Center, Right for the best tonal match. Then buy matching Dipole speakers from the same company and version for surround. Also planning to put 2 sub woofers for the punch. This setup will be 100% for the movies. For 2 ch stereo I have a different setup.

I am looking at Polk RTi series or Kef Q series. Both can be auditioned at ProFx Bangalore. Jamo is available with Cinebels Bangalore. Planning to get a THX Onkyo Receiver that can support 4ohm speaker. Some of the high end Home Theater THX speakers are rated 4ohms. So a 4 ohm rated AVR will be good.

I will be using Oppo-93 as my BDP.

Thanks,
John.

Thanks for the reply John. Can you please PM me the amount i have to pay as advacne for the projector. Also, i have been reading issues of Input Lag with the 5010. I'am a hardcore gamer also, so wondering if i should wait for the 5020 to release(October). How were the D600? I'am a little put down that it wouldn't make a good setup for music, but if it is worth it, I'll audition..

Hi,

May be your account is still under verification by moderator. Till then PM might be disallowed.

BTW, I wouldn't recommend an AVR based HT system for music. I have been using an AVR based HT system with good Front speakers for 2 channel stereo. But the result was very depressing after I heard some dedicated stereo setups. I would recommend you keep two setups - one for movies and other for stereo if budget permits.

If you want a good sounding stereo setup, you have to go with a dedicated setup Like

1. Dedicated CDP / Good CD transport + DAC.
2. Dedicated stereo Pre/Power amp or a dedicated stereo integrated amp.
3. Pair of stereo speakers rated good for music.
4. Good quality speaker cables and inter connects.

-John.

you can try dali with denon..and svs sub...goes well.at your budget it is possible.also try infocus IN 82 dlp projector..its around 2000 usd.......awsome puicture..can try the pictures shots at anibaaps thread in blu ray.com in his blog.but yes pls demo in persono at any showrrom before final buy

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back