5.1 for 17 x 11 feet room

nmrajarajan

Hello,
I am planning to set up a 5.1 home theatre. I am also planning to upgrade it to Atmos (5.1.4 or 5.2.4) in the future.
I have selected the followings although i have not finalized anything.

Front Speakers: Yamaha NS-F71

Surround & Centre: Yamaha NS-P51

AVR: Pioneer VSX-LX303

Room size: 17 x 11 x 10 (height) feet

Will this work?!
Also need your suggestions/recommendations regarding subwoofer.

Hello rajarajan.. Welcome to HFV ..!

Whats your budget ?.

Pioneer VSX-LX303 is good to go - good AVR with features for the price.
Did you audition above Yamaha NS-F71 speakers?.
Center channel you can pick better speaker.

You also must get one 12 " subwoofer or (two) 10" sub woofer. Having dual sub woofer have more advantages.

You can also audition : Polk , DALI, Monitor audio , Sonodyne , Kilpsch..etc.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I have not auditioned any of the speakers. I am currently reading reviews and deciding for audition.
Could you suggest any other model?

Regarding the centre speaker, the one, I have selected, comes as a package. If I have to look for others, which one would you suggest?

My budget is 1.5L

Hi

Welcome to HFV!

With that budget, you can look at a variety of speakers .....

There are dedicated Owner threads of Taga/Yamaha/Pioneer/Marantz/BIC America/Denon etc which you can browse and read actual feedback from users there.......

Speakers you can look at Taga, Polks, Pioneer (Andrew Jones), Boston Acoustics (Blends with most AVRs),

Subs - Sunfire / BIC America / SVS / Polk / Boston Acoustics / Taga / Yamaha.....

Dont rush and never reveal you real budget to the dealer....go window shopping where possible / see Youtube videos to get an idea and then decide

Hi

Welcome to HFV!

With that budget, you can look at a variety of speakers .....

There are dedicated Owner threads of Taga/Yamaha/Pioneer/Marantz/BIC America/Denon etc which you can browse and read actual feedback from users there.......

Speakers you can look at Taga, Polks, Pioneer (Andrew Jones), Boston Acoustics (Blends with most AVRs),

Subs - Sunfire / BIC America / SVS / Polk / Boston Acoustics / Taga / Yamaha.....

Dont rush and never reveal you real budget to the dealer....go window shopping where possible / see Youtube videos to get an idea and then decide
Could you suggest some model numbers fitting my budget?! I am a newbie and I have very less idea about what will suit my room.
My preference is clear audio (instruments) + good bass.

Front Speakers: Yamaha NS-F71

Surround & Centre: Polk T15 & T30

AVR: Pioneer VSX-LX303

Subwoofer: 2 x PSW10

Hello, any opinion about the above combination?!

Alternate options for the front speakers
1) TAGA Harmony TAV-806F Floorstanding Speaker
2) Boston Acoustics A 250 Floorstanding Speaker

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back