5.1 in both reciever and TV

dilsoft

Hi Friends, I have Marantz SR5007 receiver. I have connected my Sony TV with passt hrough option from the receiver. I am able to either use receiver for multichannel decoding or use 2 speakers of TV by switching on or off the pass through option on the reciever. My TV also have optical out. I have connected TV's optical out to a video capture device's (as direct HDMI into this device won't work due to hdcp constraint and i dont really need video but just need audio to be captured). In this setup the issue is when i use reciver in normal mode (non-passthrough), I get 5.1 surround from speakers connected to reciever but what I get from TV's optical out is just 2 channel. But when I switch on passthrough from Marantz reciever, then i get 5.1 from TV.

Here my requirement is i want to hear 5.1 while watching a movie and also capture 5.1 in my capture decide. (Unfortunately there is no optical out from the receiver). Please help me how can i send 5.1 signer from reciever to TV via HDMI even when running in normal (non passthrough) mode. Looks like Marantz is sending only stereo sound if you want to listen to 5.1 sound directly from the reciever. is there any setting on reciever that i can change?

A quick help is very much appreciated.

I get 5.1 surround from speakers connected to reciever but what I get from TV's optical out is just 2 channel. But when I switch on passthrough from Marantz reciever, then i get 5.1 from TV.
On TV Did you check PCM or Dolby Digital out set for Optical audio output? Either one of below may be your settings path.
  • Select Display & SoundAudio outputDolby Digital Plus outputDolby Digital.
  • Select SoundSound Adjustments or SoundAdvanced settingsInput related or CommonDolby Digital Plus outputDolby Digital.

If the source connected to your AVR is streaming indeed in 5.1, then the only option may be splitting the HDMI path before the AVR and routing the same HDMI signal to both AVR and TV simultaneously. Not a solution to your problem, but a free suggestion... :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back