5.1 or 2.1 Sound?

vinny_wills

Hi,

My freinds wanted me to suggest a hifi speakers system as he is interested in audio but has less room space and less money .
So he wanted to know what can he can get with what ever little he has.

His interest are mainly 50:50 movies and music.
he also plays guitar and he wants a same speakes to be used .

should he go for 2.1 or 5.1 multimedia
Budget not more than 10K
Comp is the only source
Room size:- 8l *6b *8h
Bookshelf / can he use floorstand.
And also does room size small gives good sound like cars.

Experts thoughts please?

Rs. 10k budget for amp/receiver + speakers is rather too low. I suggest going for active speaker sets instead. Check this

Sony SA-ID7000 - Active 5.1 speaker system at Rs. 5990/-. Doesn't include dolby digital/DTS decoders, so a software decoder is required for enjoying surround sound of movies.

I am not sure how guitar amplification can be fit in this.

where do you live?
if you are from delhi i can recommend you a logitech dealer he is giving good discounts on a old 5.1 thx speaker system its got very good reviews.

@Vinny: M Audio is not that cheap. I got a USB Sound card for recording purposes from US and it costed me around 4K but in India it was around 8-9K. Plus my friend have M-Audio's Monitors which was for around 15-16K.

I would suggest that get a seperate Speaker Amplifier for guitar. I have a Marshall Amp which is very gud for guitar. It was for around 4K few years back.

Cheers..!!

I stay in bangalore.
Another Question wat about m audio monitor speakers + m audio sound card.

M-Audio sound cards are costly. I have 2496 which i bought for 8000/- not using it for quite some time. let me know if you are interested.

Ok that sounds interesting can you PM the details about m-audio 2496 , ill think about it and check with my friends.
Besides nobody answered one of my question is there a possibilites of using a full range speakers in the room size that i have mentioned ealier and is sub must to watch movies.

Dude, what kinda stuff does ur friend play on the guitar?? If its with clean tone n stuff you can use the speakers, if he plays with distortion and plans to use the speakers for reference he'll rip the speakers off in no time.. Ask him to buy a decent guitar amp for that, he can get a stranger PM 102 at around 7k or less powerful options.. Also he can use the Line 6 UX1 for the guitar effects which would come as an affordable option.

At 10k something that can suffice his needs would be the Altec Lansing desktop speakers that surely can satisfy him.. Or he'll have to search the Used market

Just my 2 cents

Back