5.1 Speaker Recommendation

Deepanvishal

Hi Everyone,

My name is Deepan, from Chennai. I am new to this forum. I am looking to purchase home theatre setup for my 75" TV and purpose would be for casual music and movies. The size of the room is approximately 20x16 ft. The speaker will be connected to - STRDH790, purchased from US.

My budget is up to 1 lakh and I am hoping to get a 5.1 system in it, (with towers in the front)

Could you suggest the best setup that I could go with ?
From my research I have been coming at names like Jamo, Dali, Q Accoustics.
I have little to no knowledge on this brands and it would be great if someone can provide a starting point for me.

Also, I would appreciate recommendations on Dealers in chennai, if possible the contacts would help as well.

PS: I am not an audiophile and I won't be looking for the perfect speakers.
I have used Polk T series home theatre in the past and I had no complaints about the quality.

Thansk,
Deepan

Hi Everyone,

My name is Deepan, from Chennai. I am new to this forum. I am looking to purchase home theatre setup for my 75" TV and purpose would be for casual music and movies. The size of the room is approximately 20x16 ft. The speaker will be connected to - STRDH790, purchased from US.

My budget is up to 1 lakh and I am hoping to get a 5.1 system in it, (with towers in the front)

Could you suggest the best setup that I could go with ?
From my research I have been coming at names like Jamo, Dali, Q Accoustics.
I have little to no knowledge on this brands and it would be great if someone can provide a starting point for me.

Also, I would appreciate recommendations on Dealers in chennai, if possible the contacts would help as well.

PS: I am not an audiophile and I won't be looking for the perfect speakers.
I have used Polk T series home theatre in the past and I had no complaints about the quality.

Thansk,
Deepan

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Audition as much as possible to understand and then decide....if there is a shortlist of brands / models you like which fit your budget, share that with us and one of us can help / guide further

Its tough to get 5.1 setup with towers within 1 Lakh.
Generally good pair of tower speakers will cost you minimum 50k.
you may need to get the good 12" sub , which will again cost you 45k and above.
Center + surround speakers will be again 45k minimum.
Plan to increase the budget to get decent 5.1 system with tower speakers. Or else you may have to stick with bookshelves speakers.

You may check Taga harmony speakers, YAMAHA NS-F160 towers which may fit in to the budget.

Why don't you reuse your Polk T series home theatre speakers -- and just upgrade good sub like SVS/Rythemic/XTZ/REL ..etc. Which will be good for watching Movies.

Last edited:
There is Wharfedale Crystal 4 5.0 Home Theatre Package at HifiMart for 89,000/- ( Towers for Fronts )

Subwoofer around 40,000/- too is available

Total may go upto 1.3 L

Discussing with Mr. Anil can help to get some good pricing I believe

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back