5.1 Stereo Speakers

arc_akhil

Hello,

I am Akhil Chopra from Mumbai.

it could be great if guys can help me with my very small query.

I have a 5.1 system with a DVD player. now as you all might know, 5.1 systems work with a dvd player with amplifier installed in it. i have that dvd player too.

But what i need is, i want to run the 5.1 system by connecting it to my laptop.

i am assuming there might by a external amplifier required which can have an aux input.

can any body please help me where can i buy it in andheri west and what could be the price? or can any1 let me know where can i buy it online.

thanks a ton in advance.

regards,
akhil Chopra

Do you want to buy a new 5.1 system or use the existing one?
Check if the HT has an auxiliary or 3.5mm input.

I want to use the existing one.

Currently all the speakers have different wires which are plugged into the DVD player.

My idea is to have a small portable amplifier which can have an aux input from my Laptop.

pls post a picture of the backpanel of the dvd player, to see the connections available.

or model name/number of the system

or post link to the system in the company site.

think there is an 'aux in' in it. mentioning L/R... Then buy a stereo-coaxial cable and connect with laptop

i am not able to post the link here.

my dvd player is Matsui dav 70. on google search you will get a partmaster.co.uk link which can explain you how the DVD attachments are. there a full manual uploaded.

thanks

there is a thing i can try.

can i get an 3.5 output from laptop and input can be the traditional red and white wires which can be inout to the dvd player.

will that work?

It does not have line input :(

i want to know if there are external amplifiers which can be bought?

is that a possibility.

Thanks a lot guys for being so helpful.

Really appreciate all your replies.

yes there are amps..
dont invest much..for these speakers
get an amp 1.5k..and connect from lap 3.5mm..
try local market or e bay ind

Can you show the DVD player back side.
We can tell you the way after seeing back side interface.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back