500W RMS Power Speakers for house parties

HyperDreamz

Hi All,

I am looking for some expert advice on purchasing a single or pair of active speakers for the explicit purpose using them at small house parties in living rooms and terraces.

I currently manage with a LG OM5540 (Portable X Boom) which is 330w RMS but I am not happy with the volume levels as the system clipping after a two to three hours of use.

I have used a set of passive speakers and regular amplifier in the past, but have come to appreciate the portability of a single powered speaker.

I would be obliged with any suggestion for a system that is :

• Single or Pair of powered speakers = portable
  • >=500wRMS
  • good bass
  • and fits in budget of <30K
  • Available in Pune,India

- HyperDreamz

Hi,

Visit the website Bajaoo.com where active speakers are available with sub (optional). Based on your requirements and budget, you can shortlist some models which can be shared with us to suggest better...

All the best

You will need pro audio stuff. They have high power ratings and high sensitivity. While the home audio stuff will be about 90dB/W the pro audio stuff is about 96dB/W. Thats 4 times the SPL produced for the same watt.

Look at Behringer, QSC etc. All should be available at Pune

I am pretty certain studio monitors don't qualify as party speakers.

You are better off looking at Bluetooth speakers or boombox speakers that go pretty loud and are not really created for high fidelity detail and clarity.

30k budget for a pair ( hell even 30k a piece !!)

i dont think you would get any quality stuff in this budget even from pro audio guys

Goldy has stated vry good options in pro audio

Hi All,

I am looking for some expert advice on purchasing a single or pair of active speakers for the explicit purpose using them at small house parties in living rooms and terraces.

I currently manage with a LG OM5540 (Portable X Boom) which is 330w RMS but I am not happy with the volume levels as the system clipping after a two to three hours of use.

I have used a set of passive speakers and regular amplifier in the past, but have come to appreciate the portability of a single powered speaker.

I would be obliged with any suggestion for a system that is :

• Single or Pair of powered speakers = portable
  • >=500wRMS
  • good bass
  • and fits in budget of <30K
  • Available in Pune,India

- HyperDreamz

I would go for RCF , EV or yamaha or QSC. Do not go for th enew mackies - the v1 srm450s are good if you can find them even second hand. The new ones crap out after a few hours. 30 thousand what by the way ?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back