60"+ no frills (no 3d, smart features) 1080p TV

Hello fellow FMs. I'm looking for a LCD/led/plasma tv with decent PQ (doesn't need to be hx925 or vt50 level, just about average will suffice) without needing to pay for features i'll never use like 3d, smart apps, wifi or even usb. Room size is 25x16. Had intended to get samsung 51e8000 as it had very good reviews and was available for a reasonable price too (~1L). Unfortunately that's been discontinued and no longer available. Also, a 51" TV would've looked puny in the room.

So now the plan is to get the biggest screen with decent enough PQ I can find. Looking at amazon USA, there are decent 2d only 60-65 TVs from toshiba and other brands available for less 60-80k INR. Importing these behemoths from us or hk/SG though won't be practical and ill end paying a ton for shipping and customs and still have zero warranty. Unfortunately the only ones I found (online) in India are some lg plasmas with really bad reviews online.

Any idea if I can find the toshiba (or similar brand) 60+ inch tv in India for a decent price (1-1.5L max)? Don't mind even if the model is a couple of years old as long as its a new piece and with warranty. Or should I try my luck at grey market like gaffar?

BRO ! buy the LG 60 PA 6500 . 60" of pure bliss and yours for a tidy 1 lakh. plasma deals dont get better than this. and this is a 1.60 lakh MRP product.

LG 60PA6500 LCD TV - Full HD TV with Resolution Upscaler - LG Electronics IN

BUY IT ! it fits your requirements to the end.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back