65 C8 OLED to Sony 75X9500G ?

k2max6

I bought a 65 C8 last year before we had any good 75” FALD tv. Now I am perfectly satisfied with it but want to get a bigger size. Now I am getting a decent deal on it. The X9500G is a lakh cheaper than X9500H.

Proper upgrade would have been 77 OLED but thats hell expensive.

I just want to know if anyone has closely experienced both. Is it logical to switch to x9500 for the size after having used the OLED for over an year. I mean I don’t want to regret it.
any personal reviews on X9500?
Also trying for 75Q80 but thats even expensive.

or should I wait for 77 OLED prices to come down, I don’t know it would happen even in the next 2-3 years.They’ll just switch to 8K and price would remain the same.

What price quote did you get for x950g 75 and in which city? I am also looking for a similar tv but it is out of stock everywhere in Bangalore. Also 75 inch tvs prices are horrible in India. Size makes greater impact than quality but the difference in quality should not be much. I think it would be a great tv at 75. Oled price of 75 will not come down so soon. Even 65 inch oleds are expensive even today and people prefer fald in India due to price and burning. So that market has to be shifted to oled first then 75 oled would come in line.

What price quote did you get for x950g 75 and in which city? I am also looking for a similar tv but it is out of stock everywhere in Bangalore. Also 75 inch tvs prices are horrible in India. Size makes greater impact than quality but the difference in quality should not be much. I think it would be a great tv at 75. Oled price of 75 will not come down so soon. Even 65 inch oleds are expensive even today and people prefer fald in India due to price and burning. So that market has to be shifted to oled first then 75 oled would come in line.
I am getting it at 3.5 in Gurgaon , waiting for any cash back offer plus I read somewhere in the forum that sony might be offering the ₹20k noise cancellation headphones free.
Yes only one dealer has it and one piece but still taking my chances & waiting for the brand cashback.
Also I saw the HDTVtest review - it says Q80 is better but again its even more expensive.
I am just worried that I don’t feel I downgraded too much on PQ although these come closest to OLEDs..(as told in other fb groups) I haven’t taken any demo.

Last edited:
I am getting it at 3.5 in Gurgaon , waiting for any cash back offer plus I read somewhere in the forum that sony might be offering the ₹20k noise cancellation headphones free.
Yes only one dealer has it and one piece but still taking my chances & waiting for the brand cashback.
Also I saw the HDTVtest review - it says Q80 is better but again its even more expensive.
I am just worried that I don’t feel I downgraded too much on PQ although these come closest to OLEDs..(as told in other fb groups) I haven’t taken any demo.
I will suggest take a demo. Do you watch TV in the day or at night? What is the viewing distance?

You will definitely notice the difference in picture quality. After getting used to perfect blacks your eyes will easily catch the flicker, blooming effects that fald sets suffer due to the local dimming. In a bright room it won’t be a problem. IMO you should continue to use the c8 and save for a 77 inch oled or go for a projector if size is very important.

I bought a 65 C8 last year before we had any good 75” FALD tv. Now I am perfectly satisfied with it but want to get a bigger size. Now I am getting a decent deal on it. The X9500G is a lakh cheaper than X9500H.

Proper upgrade would have been 77 OLED but thats hell expensive.

I just want to know if anyone has closely experienced both. Is it logical to switch to x9500 for the size after having used the OLED for over an year. I mean I don’t want to regret it.
any personal reviews on X9500?
Also trying for 75Q80 but thats even expensive.

or should I wait for 77 OLED prices to come down, I don’t know it would happen even in the next 2-3 years.They’ll just switch to 8K and price would remain the same.

I have 65 A8f Oled and my friend who is also a forum member has the 55x90f. If my my experience is anything to go by, you will repent. A bigger size will only blow up the inconsistentencies and artifacts.
A sony projector with a black/grey screen is much better.

I will suggest take a demo. Do you watch TV in the day or at night? What is the viewing distance?
Day & night both. Infact in day I have to watch in low light otherwise the furniture reflects on the screen.
Viewing distance is 11 ft and its my bedroom. 65 feels right but maybe a tad small.
Just now I got an offer for 75Q80R for even lower price but I guess its the same thing.
Stick to OLED is the popular opinion and I somehow feel that but the SIZE and now the low price.Not cheap but still.

I have 65 A8f Oled and my friend who is also a forum member has the 55x90f. If my my experience is anything to go by, you will repent. A bigger size will only blow up the inconsistentencies and artifacts.
A sony projector with a black/grey screen is much better.
I would have got the projector long ago but I don’t have dedicated space. Yes bigger screen requires more efficiency. I hate the electronics scenario in India. People in US are buying 77 OLEDs so cheap and here we have the 77 OLED for 8L.

Day & night both. Infact in day I have to watch in low light otherwise the furniture reflects on the screen.
Viewing distance is 11 ft and its my bedroom. 65 feels right but maybe a tad small.
Just now I got an offer for 75Q80R for even lower price but I guess its the same thing.
Stick to OLED is the popular opinion and I somehow feel that but the SIZE and now the low price.Not cheap but still.

I would have got the projector long ago but I don’t have dedicated space. Yes bigger screen requires more efficiency. I hate the electronics scenario in India. People in US are buying 77 OLEDs so cheap and here we have the 77 OLED for 8L.

One more thing. Higher the size, higher is the relevance of picture and motion processing. I will not buy anything other than sony or panasonic at those sizes. Samsung processing leaves much to be desired.

ok. 5 months back I got the same quote at RD here. He had initially quoted 3.75 and came down to 3.5 and was not ready to reduce the price further. I did not buy thinking that it will come under Three (or may be 2.7 lol) during Diwali sale. But Sony launched x95h at 75 with 4.5 lakh price tag and stopped production of 75x950g unlike 65 and 55 inch variants of the same model. I am now eyeing at x800h 75 which is under my budget and appears to be reasonably priced and waiting for Diwali sale offers on it. I have an oled laptop and I know the technology can produce amazing HDR Picture quality with inky blacks. I am boating in the same boat 65 CX / C9/ A8G VS 65 X950G/H VS 75 X800H. I am confused to prefer size over PQ as I have seating gap of 13 plus feet in my living room from the TV table. Lg is selling 75nano91 / 75sm9400 with some free tv but again it is IPS only which may be a big no for you coming from the oleds. At this point you may find x95h in 75 inch in display in most of the Sony centers. Go and check it out to see if your comfortable with the PQ compared to the oled but with larger size.

Last edited:
ok. 5 months back I got the same quote at RD here. He had initially quoted 3.75 and came down to 3.5 and was not ready to reduce the price further. I did not buy thinking that it will come under Three (or may be 2.7 lol) during Diwali sale. But Sony launched x95h at 75 with 4.5 lakh price tag and stopped production of 75x950g unlike 65 and 55 inch variants of the same model. I am now eyeing at x800h 75 which is under my budget and appears to be reasonably priced and waiting for Diwali sale offers on it. I have an oled laptop and I know the technology can produce amazing HDR Picture quality with inky blacks. I am boating in the same boat 65 CX / C9/ A8G VS 65 X950G/H VS 75 X800H. I am confused to prefer size over PQ as I have seating gap of 13 plus feet in my living room from the TV table. Lg is selling 75nano91 / 75sm9400 with some free tv but again it is IPS only which may be a big no for you coming from the oleds. At this point you may find x95h in 75 inch in display in most of the Sony centers. Go and check it out to see if your comfortable with the PQ compared to the oled but with larger size.
I have an LG 4K IPS 65 , bought it when I was a TV newbie. Bought it without any research. Terrible contrast, although I liked it till people start praising the OLEDs and poking me and I finally got one.
One is cancel the switch.
If not 75Q80 or x950

I have an LG 4K IPS 65 , bought it when I was a TV newbie. Bought it without any research. Terrible contrast, although I liked it till people start praising the OLEDs and poking me and I finally got one.
If not 75Q80 or x950
Totally agree. Spending 2 lakhs for an IPS panel is something I will never do.

If not 75Q80 or x950
I would advise not to go for 75 Q80r (2019) because you can get 75Q95H(2020) in 1 lakh lessor price. It has been reviewed to have got good black levels and controlled blooming compared to last year x950g. 75X95H is currently being sold at 4.2 and I will suggest you to wait and see if you can get it under 4 or may be near 3.7 during diwali sale that would be a good deal over x950g. I was also waiting for x900h in 75 as it would have fit in my budget but I think now that will never happen and sony may not release that in India.

I would advise not to go for 75 Q80r (2019) because you can get 75Q95H(2020) in 1 lakh lessor price. It has been reviewed to have got good black levels and controlled blooming compared to last year x950g. 75X95H is currently being sold at 4.2 and I will suggest you to wait and see if you can get it under 4 or may be near 3.7 during diwali sale that would be a good deal over x950g. I was also waiting for x900h in 75 as it would have fit in my budget but I think now that will never happen and sony may not release that in India.
I am not ready to spend close to 4. I am looking more around 3. I am getting both Q80R and x950 around it. I saw the HDTVtest review in which Q80R was suggested better in most areas than Sony . Same on rtings. Yes processing is sony’s area.

Taking demo might be difficult especially side by side. I am currently on the edge if I should buy at all. Almost no one recommends switching from OLED. Maybe I also know it inside but just need people to stop me.:cool:
Thats why this thread .

Last edited:
I am not ready to spend close to 4. I am looking more around 3. I am getting both Q80R and x950 around it. I saw the HDTVtest review in which Q80R was suggested better in most areas than Sony . Same on rtings. Yes processing is sony’s area.

Taking demo might be difficult especially side by side. I am currently on the edge if I should buy at all. Almost no one recommends switching from OLED. Maybe I also know it inside but just need people to stop me.:cool:
Thats why this thread .

What's your viewing environment like? If it's a dark room, don't move to FALD. If you're a critical viewer or can spot inconsistencies, you'll be disappointed. If you watch movies too with lights on, then you can consider a FALD.

An OLED on dark wall in a dark room seems to just float there and looks really cinematic. With FALD, such environment will show more inconsistencies. If you do want bigger size, you can go the opposite route. White wall with bias lighting around a big FALD TV.

Consider viewing angles too btw. FALD TVs present more blooming when seen from the side.

If you go to showroom to compare, not that TVs have store modes. You won't get what you see there at home. Plus, you don't know what color gamut the TV is on in what mode unless you set it. Sony for example keeps the CG to be wider than standard in the movie modes. So if you compare A9G to CX/C9 in showroom, both in their respective movie modes, you'll feel colors more vibrant on A9G, but that's because of the setting. Otherwise it's the exact same panel.

Plus, so much light in the showroom. Are you watching with that much light at home?

What's your viewing environment like? If it's a dark room, don't move to FALD. If you're a critical viewer or can spot inconsistencies, you'll be disappointed. If you watch movies too with lights on, then you can consider a FALD.

An OLED on dark wall in a dark room seems to just float there and looks really cinematic. With FALD, such environment will show more inconsistencies. If you do want bigger size, you can go the opposite route. White wall with bias lighting around a big FALD TV.

Consider viewing angles too btw. FALD TVs present more blooming when seen from the side.

If you go to showroom to compare, not that TVs have store modes. You won't get what you see there at home. Plus, you don't know what color gamut the TV is on in what mode unless you set it. Sony for example keeps the CG to be wider than standard in the movie modes. So if you compare A9G to CX/C9 in showroom, both in their respective movie modes, you'll feel colors more vibrant on A9G, but that's because of the setting. Otherwise it's the exact same panel.

Plus, so much light in the showroom. Are you watching with that much light at home?
Yes I too believe showroom demos don’t show the right picture.
My environment is a normal lighted room and I like to watch in a lighted room.
For OLED , anytime day or night ,I turn the lights off (just a lamp on) because all my furniture reflects and can be seen on the oled screen especially in the dark scenes.
I prefer watching shows with lights on as long as I don’t get reflections thats why I was inclining towards Q80 as it handles reflections very well.
Critical viewer I don’t think so. I do notice the PQ difference but blooming and all ; Can’t say , I didn’t know all this stuff till 2 years ago.

I think I need to demo it to see it ; if it bothers me. I want a bigger size and I don’t think I the 77 OLED is coming down so much , maybe after Samsung releases QD OLEDs. Can’t say.

I am confused. o_O

For OLED , anytime day or night ,I turn the lights off (just a lamp on) because all my furniture reflects and can be seen on the oled screen especially in the dark scenes.
I prefer watching shows with lights on as long as I don’t get reflections thats why I was inclining towards Q80 as it handles reflections very well.
Critical viewer I don’t think so. I do notice the PQ difference but blooming and all ; Can’t say , I didn’t know all this stuff till 2 years ago.

I think I need to demo it to see it ; if it bothers me. I want a bigger size and I don’t think I the 77 OLED is coming down so much , maybe after Samsung releases QD OLEDs. Can’t say.

I am confused. o_O

Wait a couple of years. LG's China factory is starting to print the 10.5 gen panels which should make the prices of 77" and 85" screens go down in price drastically in the next 2 years or so. Currently, the gen 10 glass panels make the 77" panels much more expensive to produce than 65" and 55" ones, hence the price difference.

Also, LED TVs are going to advance at a very rapid rate with mini-LEDs. Both the Q80R and the Sony LEDs have 100 or fewer zones, and I would highly recommend not going from them. The blooming issue won't be a problem with TVs which have high local dimming zones and mini LED achieves exactly that. Anything with over 300 dimming zones will have no issues in a dark room, and TVs with better algos like the H9G also get pretty close with 180 zones.

Then there are dual-layer LCDs coming with 2 million zones which will give OLED picture with no burn-in risk. The next 2 years are going to be a quantum shift in the TV pricing and technological advancement, so putting big money on a 77" LCD TV is in my opinion not worth it.

If you make 8 figures a year and don't care about 3.5 lakhs, you can definitely go for it. Otherwise, just wait for it. For dark-room performance, the only LED TV I would go for is the Q90R with its 480 local dimming zones. The upcoming TCL's 8 series(R835 ones) should also be good.

Most replies seem to ignore your requirements and just project their opinions. You'll be fine with 75" fald tv considering you were ok with IPS and watch with lights on. Infact r/4ktv has boatloads of folks buying 75" and 85" x900h and all seem to be happy. 75" X900h is 2lakh equivalent in US, so the only thing bad here is 75" pricing is unreasonable as market is not mature. The TV is most likely perfect for you, but it's no value for money of you care for that.

I am confused. o_O
End fo the day its your money and your tv.If you dont see blooming then you will not see with these either on these tvs.specially on Q80R as samsung favours black crush over blooming.Use some bias lighting and you are good to go.

Just check for festive offers you might get a good deal.

End fo the day its your money and your tv.If you dont see blooming then you will not see with these either on these tvs.specially on Q80R as samsung favours black crush over blooming.Use some bias lighting and you are good to go.

Just check for festive offers you might get a good deal.
I mean LG 4K 65 IPS was my first 4K TV and didn’t notice anything then plus I had never known what blooming was at the time, I upgraded to OLED , now if I downgrade I may see it since I know what it is, can’t say.
You said Samsung favours black crush as in avoiding it by having blooming or having it?

I think I’ll wait it out.Maybe next year or year after. But its the wait . Lets see. You can’t have everything unless you have an 8 figure salary :p

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back