65 Inch Non Oled TV

Sandeepthdh

Hi All,

I have been on a lookout for a 65 Inch TV which ticks all the boxes mentioned below....

120 Hz - I play a fair amount on PS4 and will pick up a PS5 shortly

HDR 10+ Dolby Vision + Atmos ( We watch a lot of Netflix and Prime )

Full Array ( Mainly for Deep Blacks )

I loved the LG CX but considering my usage OLED will not be suitable , have a 4 year old who watches loads of Youtube with Static logo and so does the wife and the TV will run close to 10-12 hours everyday & more on the weekend.

Budget 1.5 Lacs but ok to stretch 10-15% if required.

Absolute no no to MI , Hisense or any Chinese brands. Samsung would've been an easy pick had they not shafted DV and Panasonic is yet to decide if 2021 line up will ever see the light of the day in India

My current TV is a 6-7 year old 1080P Samsung TV and its showing it's age...

Sony X900H checks all the boxes but 120 Hz blur and color banding is bothering me a bit and X90J 65 inch god alone knows when they will launch or announce the ridiculous price from Sony

If not Sony then what are the alternatives that I could consider ? Honestly its been quite frustrating and would like to get done with this and move on...

I'll really glad if someone could help put an end to my misery...

Hi All,

I have been on a lookout for a 65 Inch TV which ticks all the boxes mentioned below....

I loved the LG CX but considering my usage OLED will not be suitable , have a 4 year old who watches loads of Youtube with Static logo and so does the wife and the TV will run close to 10-12 hours everyday & more on the weekend.

Absolute no no to MI , Hisense or any Chinese brands. Samsung would've been an easy pick had they not shafted DV and Panasonic is yet to decide if 2021 line up will ever see the light of the day in India

Sony X900H checks all the boxes but 120 Hz blur and color banding is bothering me a bit and X90J 65 inch god alone knows when they will launch or announce the ridiculous price from Sony

If not Sony then what are the alternatives that I could consider ? Honestly its been quite frustrating and would like to get done with this and move on...

Lg in recent times have come out with enough protective algorithms from burn ins. Ask around if any LG OLED user in this forum since C9 came into the picture has had a burn in issue. Reckless switching off of OLED TVs can only bring in the downfall. Switch off with remote and give a cooling time of 30 minutes for pixel refreshing cycle to complete and you are good. Logo luminescence limiter is also there plus screen savers - a lot of prophylaxis algorithms to counter the fear of image retention and burn ins. But again there maybe other opinions in the board. I am just telling what I believe in.

Lg in recent times have come out with enough protective algorithms from burn ins. Ask around if any LG OLED user in this forum since C9 came into the picture has had a burn in issue. Reckless switching off of OLED TVs can only bring in the downfall. Switch off with remote and give a cooling time of 30 minutes for pixel refreshing cycle to complete and you are good. Logo luminescence limiter is also there plus screen savers - a lot of prophylaxis algorithms to counter the fear of image retention and burn ins. But again there maybe other opinions in the board. I am just telling what I believe in.
If i was the only one using the TV i would've picked the CX or heck even GX but knowing my family it will be abused to a fair bit , soon i will be back to office so the fear of burn in will always linger in my mind :(

Which LG made NON OLED's with the same passion , Samsung would have a tough time keeping up the race...

Hi All,

Well, the new MI Qled is clocking some good reviews. There is a whole thread for this. Have a look. That said, if you can compromise on DV, go with Samsung Qled (since Sony is big no from you). It's a pretty all rounder performer. Unfortunately, that's all we have got on LCD front.

Well, the new MI Qled is clocking some good reviews. There is a whole thread for this. Have a look. That said, if you can compromise on DV, go with Samsung Qled (since Sony is big no from you). Unfortunately, that's all we have got on LCD front.
MI or any Chinese is a big NO NO , have had some real bad experience. Worse case scenario I will end up with X900h then compromise with Samsung. Thanks for your advise though :)

X900H/Mi Q1: Can't do true 4k 120Hz due to the older Mediatek chipset.

QN90A: Doesn't do Dolby Vision

X90J: Extremely overpriced for what it is.

OLEDs: Will definitely burn-in if used for that heavily.

Basically, the TV you want doesn't exist. If I were you, I'd get the QN90A. The lack of Dolby Vision doesn't hurt because of the brightness and no tone-mapping is required in the first place. Rest everything is near perfect on that TV.

X900h all the way, X90j won't fall in your range till diwali pretty sure unless the Japanese demigods relent
Yeah agreed. Even now in the US, the price difference between the X90H and X90J is causing folks to say unless you're really fussed about the slight improvements in PQ from the new XR processor, along with a better chance to get VRR, you're better off with X90H due to the massive price difference of around $600. If you can wait till September-November the prices would drop to around 1.5L I guess. I couldn't wait any longer so went with X90H and am hoping for the best, and trying to avoid reviews of X90J vs X90H :)

Yeah agreed. Even now in the US, the price difference between the X90H and X90J is causing folks to say unless you're really fussed about the slight improvements in PQ from the new XR processor, along with a better chance to get VRR, you're better off with X90H due to the massive price difference of around $600. If you can wait till September-November the prices would drop to around 1.5L I guess. I couldn't wait any longer so went with X90H and am hoping for the best, and trying to avoid reviews of X90J vs X90H :)
Aesthetics wise I like the x900h way more than x90j due to the metal frame. And tbh I'm not sure for first time fald users like poor me, any discernible difference will be there. Only reason I'm waiting is because I know I will have to stick with this one for another 9 years atleast.Unless I get the x900h at 85k.wish we had a Costco in India

@Sandeepthdh if you have space, there's another great option:

Get the Mi Q1 75" for the living room and get a 55" OLED for the bedroom or wherever you're going to game. This won't cost significantly more than a 65" OLED/top QLED and will fit your needs significantly better. Plus you have 2 TVs for around 2.2 lakhs.

X900H/Mi Q1: Can't do true 4k 120Hz due to the older Mediatek chipset.

QN90A: Doesn't do Dolby Vision

X90J: Extremely overpriced for what it is.

OLEDs: Will definitely burn-in if used for that heavily.

Basically, the TV you want doesn't exist. If I were you, I'd get the QN90A. The lack of Dolby Vision doesn't hurt because of the brightness and no tone-mapping is required in the first place. Rest everything is near perfect on that TV.
Yeah the TV i want sadly doesn't exist... :p

Let me take a Demo of few Samsung TV's and see if i can reconsider them....

@Sandeepthdh if you have space, there's another great option:

Get the Mi Q1 75" for the living room and get a 55" OLED for the bedroom or wherever you're going to game. This won't cost significantly more than a 65" OLED/top QLED and will fit your needs significantly better. Plus you have 2 TVs for around 2.2 lakhs.
The plan is to move the current Samsung into Bedroom , so I will have to pick just one. No offense to anyone but i can't fathom spending one large on a Chinese brand. I rather get samsung frame 65 inch and live a compromised life or settle with X900h

Aesthetics wise I like the x900h way more than x90j due to the metal frame. And tbh I'm not sure for first time fald users like poor me, any discernible difference will be there. Only reason I'm waiting is because I know I will have to stick with this one for another 9 years atleast.Unless I get the x900h at 85k.wish we had a Costco in India
Yeah not a videophile by any means and I just couldn't justify spending 1.8L on the LG BX so FALD was the only option. Also like you said, I probably wouldn't notice the changes between X1 and XR, coming from a 7 year old LG 3DTV. Would have gotten the Mi QLED if it came in a 65 inch size, 75 was too big for me and too heavy I thought to get wall mounted on a Swivel mount (this maybe not true but given the brilliant wall quality in my apartment I wanted the lightest option in my budget). And I've been wanting to upgrade since January so finally gave in now.

You are not alone on this, your builder was the student of the school where my builder was the principal. ;)
Even now I have nightmares of my new TV crashing down from the wall. The mounting looks good and seems to be very secure, but can't help with the nightmares that still occur :D

Even now I have nightmares of my new TV crashing down from the wall. The mounting looks good and seems to be very secure, but can't help with the nightmares that still occur :D
I am so far lucky, it was only curtains and some pluster blocks that came off till now. :)

The plan is to move the current Samsung into Bedroom , so I will have to pick just one. No offense to anyone but i can't fathom spending one large on a Chinese brand. I rather get samsung frame 65 inch and live a compromised life or settle with X900h
Lg Nanocell 65" TV is another choice. It has local dimming but is an ips panel. Fits your budget. Ips has a lower contrast ratio though.

Coincidentally my LG CX salesperson called and said LG BX is available at a good discount at Croma. Just pasting his number if anyone wants to get in touch with him. Dharani @ +918667681304.

Buy the cx 65 and get a extended warranty for burn in if insecure. Once you see the blacks in a good oled , (watching the mandalorian in full hd on disney atm), you can't go back to led. Nothing will happen to your cx. My cx is being used for a minimum of 6 hrs for all type of content.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back