65 Inch Non Oled TV

Yes , installation done. didnt notice any DSE. Screen looks dull so gotta spend sometime to get around understand the right setting...
Congrats and welcome to the X90H club. :)
For SDR, the Rtings recommended settings on "Custom" picture mode (https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900h/settings) or one of the YouTube guys should do you good. For HDR content, "Dolby Vision Dark" with some changes like motion smoothing turned off, and noise reduction, reality creation, etc turned off works better for me, but YMMV.

.dint think Sony falls for this gimmick esp by diwali, but maybe by the time next ces is underway most likely yes.
Diwali is not a gimmick.it is the most important period not only for electronics but for a lot of businesses.This is when most of the people shop.

FYI all the 65 flagship sony LED TVs from last 3 years were selling around 1.6L at diwali.Be it X900F,X950G or X900H.

Sony X900h launch street price was 1.29l and a year later 1.04l for 55.dint think Sony falls for this gimmick esp by diwali, but maybe by the time next ces is underway most likely yes.
I bought 55 inch X900H for 82.5k thanks to diwali cashback offers back in October. Even then the selling price was 1.04L. But bargaining plus 15k hdfc cashback offer helped me get this deal.

Yes , installation done. didnt notice any DSE. Screen looks dull so gotta spend sometime to get around understand the right setting...
Congratulations on your new set !!! Sony default settings unlike those of Samsung n the Chinese are bit on the dull side, so please fiddle around with picture settings like backlight, local dimming, X-tended dynamic range, contrast, advanced contrast enhancer, Gamma etc n you will get that vibrant , saturated n bright image ( 500 to 600 nits SDR).

Sony X900h launch street price was 1.29l and a year later 1.04l for 55.dint think Sony falls for this gimmick esp by diwali, but maybe by the time next ces is underway most likely yes.
The x900H was launched with street price of 1.09L and not 1.29.Also people have bought 65 X900H as low 1.35L last diwali.Thats diwali gimmick i guess.

I bought 55 inch X900H for 82.5k thanks to diwali cashback offers back in October. Even then the selling price was 1.04L. But bargaining plus 15k hdfc cashback offer helped me get this deal.
Wow, tell us the storefront details too, 82.5 is the best price I've heard on the forum and even this year with lots of bargaining I could never beat the price of 94k in bangalore, Vijay sales doesn't exist here and croma/rd never took it below 1lac for 55. Best pricing I heard on vijay sales by a Bombay fm, and best cashback seen this yr also was on croma for icici was 10k while I was hunting. Stores seemed even happy to let you go when you bargain much.
This year seems scary due to shortages and pricing stiffness, even non fald 55 for x85j is retailing at 1.13 so don't know if it's prudent to wait for diwali on x90j hoping it goes below 1l. Have a sales rep on follow up calls for the set but don't respond to him as i dont think he can give that pricing in near future.
The x900H was launched with street price of 1.09L and not 1.29.Also people have bought 65 X900H as low 1.35L last diwali.Thats diwali gimmick i guess.
Please don't be offended, it's just a word, I tried and didn't get any special prices so I may be wrong fully but I'm tracking this one since December attentively at least, diwali is definitely not my expertise, but yours:).Your opinions are indeed valuable. Now where do you think x90j will land per your projections for 55 at diwali and which stores would you suggest. Also have a happy day...

Wow, tell us the storefront details too, 82.5 is the best price I've heard on the forum and even this year with lots of bargaining I could never beat the price of 94k in bangalore, Vijay sales doesn't exist here and croma/rd never took it below 1lac for 55. Best pricing I heard on vijay sales by a Bombay fm, and best cashback seen this yr also was on croma for icici was 10k while I was hunting. Stores seemed even happy to let you go when you bargain much.
This year seems scary due to shortages and pricing stiffness, even non fald 55 for x85j is retailing at 1.13 so don't know if it's prudent to wait for diwali on x90j hoping it goes below 1l. Have a sales rep on follow up calls for the set but don't respond to him as i dont think he can give that pricing in near future.

Please don't be offended, it's just a word, I tried and didn't get any special prices so I may be wrong fully but I'm tracking this one since December attentively at least, diwali is definitely not my expertise, but yours:).Your opinions are indeed valuable. Now where do you think x90j will land per your projections for 55 at diwali and which stores would you suggest. Also have a happy day...
The cashback offer around diwali was 15k on hdfc no cost emi.
And the rest was bargaining done by me to get the price before card cashback down to 97.5k

Store was Electronic Paradise, Preet Vihar, Delhi. It's a chain here in Delhi. They have lots of showrooms throughout delhi.

Same thought. But first reaction of wifey when I broached buying the PS5 was "after this TV you want PS5 also?" :) Safe to say, going to continue with the PS4 and Xbox 1 for some more time :D

This may help you to buy some leeway in your PS5 quest :)

Congrats and welcome to the X90H club. :)
For SDR, the Rtings recommended settings on "Custom" picture mode (https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900h/settings) or one of the YouTube guys should do you good. For HDR content, "Dolby Vision Dark" with some changes like motion smoothing turned off, and noise reduction, reality creation, etc turned off works better for me, but YMMV.
Thank you , i have got pretty much everything set and i would be lying if i didnt admit the post calibration i was left with a grin on my face and tears of joy

I have just one last thing to figure out , while watching i still see motion blur but if i enable motion clarity i get soap opera effect which i hate...

PS4 looks gorgeous in game mode...

Dolby Vision Bright mode is my favorite for netflix , absolutely soothing to eyes....

Congratulations on your new set !!! Sony default settings unlike those of Samsung n the Chinese are bit on the dull side, so please fiddle around with picture settings like backlight, local dimming, X-tended dynamic range, contrast, advanced contrast enhancer, Gamma etc n you will get that vibrant , saturated n bright image ( 500 to 600 nits SDR).
Thank you , post fiddling around i realised it was the stupid light sensor which almost gave me a heartattack. That's gonna remain off forever :p

Diwali is not a gimmick.it is the most important period not only for electronics but for a lot of businesses.This is when most of the people shop.

FYI all the 65 flagship sony LED TVs from last 3 years were selling around 1.6L at diwali.Be it X900F,X950G or X900H.
Maybe the higher end ones. I bought the 900F in Diwali 2019 sale for 1.34L and will probably wait for Diwali again to buy another 65" one instead of just getting a basic 90k Samsung one

Thank you , post fiddling around i realised it was the stupid light sensor which almost gave me a heartattack. That's gonna remain off forever :p
Oh yeah that's just terrible, even Netflix calibrated mode is just way too saturated for my liking. Looks ok in some older movies but terribly off on newer movies with DolbyVision and HDR. Plus you can't turn off the motion smoothing in Netflix mode. So that's forever off now. Gaming is gorgeous - roaming around ancient Greece in Odyssey has never felt as good. Hopefully the PS5/Series X happens soon enough :D

Oh yeah that's just terrible, even Netflix calibrated mode is just way too saturated for my liking. Looks ok in some older movies but terribly off on newer movies with DolbyVision and HDR. Plus you can't turn off the motion smoothing in Netflix mode. So that's forever off now. Gaming is gorgeous - roaming around ancient Greece in Odyssey has never felt as good. Hopefully the PS5/Series X happens soon enough :D
You can perhaps try viewing Netflix in any of the normal modes other than Netflix calibrated. Netflix calibrated it looks like works on BT 2020 /Native/ WCG which are more saturated by default especially when applied to a SDR source.

Someone is smoking really good stuff at Sony , if one can afford this at 1.9 L they might as well cough up another 20-30k and take the LG CX

I'm Glad I pulled the trigger on X900H , should have done it earlier itself

Not everyone is a fan of LG/OLED, that's why someone might not want to buy the CX.

You can perhaps try viewing Netflix in any of the normal modes other than Netflix calibrated. Netflix calibrated it looks like works on BT 2020 /Native/ WCG which are more saturated by default especially when applied to a SDR source.
Yeah, all the Dolby Vision content gets played in Dolby Vision Dark, and I have custom SDR/HDR settings setup now under the "Custom" picture setting so it's all good. Since Sony was hyping the Netflix calibrated mode so much, I wanted to see what it was about. For an SDR movie like Jagame Thanthiram it was fun to watch in that mode because the Vivid mode really amped up the colours of that crazy flick and made it even more of a comic book movie, but on most other content it really looks unnatural, plus with the aggressive motion smoothing (you can't change anything) it was not good to watch. So I'm done with all experiments now, I'm happy with my custom settings and will stick to that :)

Assassins creed games are simply superb in LG CX. When my children play, I just stop everything and watch the screen.

Back