65 inch TV for use in Hall

I know.but you can still connect your tv via ethernet even if you have a wifi router.also wired connection always gives you better connectivity than wireless.

Lan cable will be surely a lot cheaper than buying external device just for dual band wifi.also 4k works fine even on single band.even the cheap router has 300mbps.4K doesn't require more than 30.

It really depends on how many devices you have connected to that router and how far it is from the television.also if the connection is an issue you can always upgrade the router.

a Tv should be selected and rejected based on PQ and not for single band or dual band.
Hi,
Connecting a LAN cable is not considered because of asthetic reasons as my router is on the opposite wall.
I was considering dual band TV to make sure that streaming performance is not causing PQ to drop.
Generally we will have atleast 2-3 devices ( TV +1/2 smartphones) connected and may be streaming simultaneously.
I recently upgraded from a 40Mbps to 100Mbps connection for better performance. Will get a dual Band router in future as that's the way to go.

a Tv should be selected and rejected based on PQ and not for single band or dual band.
Would appreciate if FMs can give some info on Sanyo Kaisen and Nokia TV PQ. Or any similar TV? I am looking for 65inch.
Some of these TVs give good CR (4000 around ) with 400 nits. Will that be enough to appreciate HDR/DV.
I presently use a 32inch Sony TV . i think this TV is IPS and not very bright too.
In an ideal scenario I would have gone for Sony X90 or at least Samsung Frame but both are north of 1.25lacs.
Are there any decent options below 90K. Samsung TU8000/TUE60 Or any similar model.

Would appreciate if FMs can give some info on Sanyo Kaisen and Nokia TV PQ. Or any similar TV? I am looking for 65inch.
Some of these TVs give good CR (4000 around ) with 400 nits. Will that be enough to appreciate HDR/DV.
I presently use a 32inch Sony TV . i think this TV is IPS and not very bright too.
In an ideal scenario I would have gone for Sony X90 or at least Samsung Frame but both are north of 1.25lacs.
Are there any decent options below 90K. Samsung TU8000/TUE60 Or any similar model.
To get a decent HDR experience you need at least 600-700 nits of brightness and local dimming/very high native contrast (like the Frame 2020 with over 8000:1). With 400 nits and no local dimming, don't even bother. Good HDR experience will need either an OLED or a 1000+ nit display.

Xiaomi announced the MI QLED 75" today for 1.2 lakhs (1.125 if you have an HDFC card). It's 1000-nits, 192-zones FALD and 75". Plus it supports all movie formats and even eARC. If you can stretch the budget to 1.125 lakhs, it's an excellent option. Plus you get a massive 75" screen.

If you can't stretch that far, pretty much every TV will be sub-par for HDR content due to lack of local dimming and brightness.

Toshiba u79 is a good tv with around 700nits brightness if you are ok with Chinese tv.it will cost you around 65k. although I don't know about its availability. other than this rest all are very similar around 400-500 nits below 1 lac.

You will not get a good hdr experience with these 400 nits TVs.In India we have either cheap Chinese TVs or high-end TVs above 1.5 lac.samsung sony lg all are selling garbage TVs in the 50-100k range.

Toshiba U79 is not available . Is there no other decent option below 1lac.
The only good options below 1 lac are Frame 2020 and X900H, and both of them are 55".

There's nothing else below 1 lakh which has decent PQ. U79 isn't available in most areas Hisense U7QF isn't available either. Check if you can get the U7QF where you live, else save for some time and get the Xiaomi QLED.

Is single band WiFi a real downer? Would like to hear FMs opinion.
2.4 has more range less speed. 5.4 has less range more speed. Either of these can connect at more than 25 MBPS, the speed required for 4K streaming.
I easily get 65 MBPS from my extender that relays my 200 MBPS connection. Goes upto 100 MBPS when using 5.4 but range is limited to the next room only...

2.4 has more range less speed. 5.4 has less range more speed. Either of these can connect at more than 25 MBPS, the speed required for 4K streaming.
I easily get 65 MBPS from my extender that relays my 200 MBPS connection. Goes upto 100 MBPS when using 5.4 but range is limited to the next room only...
I think you mean Mbps and not MBps. Those mean very different things (1 MBps = 8 Mbps).

During sales, the firestick 4k can be had for 3.2-3.5k. No point spending 6k for it.

For Apple TV 4k, the biggest disadvantage is the cost. You get nothing special for the insane amount of money you spend on it. For firestick 4k, it currently has some software bug where the automatic framerate and resolution doesn't work. And if you run it at 4k 60 mode, Dolby Vision doesn't work and you only get HDR10 (you'll need to use internal apps to get DV). Rest everything is perfect.
it says adjusting frame rate on some shows so I thought that the automatic frame rate must be working. I am getting DV on Hotstar too.

it says adjusting frame rate on some shows so I thought that the automatic frame rate must be working. I am getting DV on Hotstar too.
The auto frame rate and auto resolution work on Prime app only.

In all other apps it defaults to 1080p 60. This is why DV works for you. If you force it to 4k, it will stop working.

The auto frame rate and auto resolution work on Prime app only.

In all other apps it defaults to 1080p 60. This is why DV works for you. If you force it to 4k, it will stop working.
In hotstar the video performance details show me 4k resolution on the firestick whereas in the lg app it is being displayed in 1080p. Further I also get several disney programs in DV also in the firestick so it is not defaulting to 1080p for others.

Regarding the auto resolutions in the prime app only I never paid attention maybe it is so. Let me check it out.

In hotstar the video performance details show me 4k resolution on the firestick whereas in the lg app it is being displayed in 1080p. Further I also get several disney programs in DV also in the firestick so it is not defaulting to 1080p for others.

Regarding the auto resolutions in the prime app only I never paid attention maybe it is so. Let me check it out.
Video performance details will show 4k, but that doesn't mean the TV is getting a 4k signal. If you go into firestick's developer menu and see what it's giving out, you'll see it's stuck to 1080p 60 unless you force 4k 60 mode.

With launch of 65 inch QLED Samsung QN 90A with 2.5, what can be estimated cost of 65 inch OLED C1 ? Still no Asia reviews for Samsung released yet!

Video performance details will show 4k, but that doesn't mean the TV is getting a 4k signal. If you go into firestick's developer menu and see what it's giving out, you'll see it's stuck to 1080p 60 unless you force 4k 60 mode.
Tv info also shows a 2160p signal and pq is a little better than on the internal tv app. Btw I have the display options on firestick as auto.In

Well we are again derailing the thread. In my opinion the recently launched mi 75 inch fald at 1000 nits at 1.2l ticks all the boxes for a hall tv at a budget price point.

Tv info also shows a 2160p signal and pq is a little better than on the internal tv app. Btw I have the display options on firestick as auto.In
Huh, that's really weird. Maybe my TV is at fault then or they fixed it in a recent update.
Well we are again derailing the thread. In my opinion the recently launched mi 75 inch fald at 1000 nits at 1.2l ticks all the boxes for a hall tv at a budget price point.
Yes, I'm most definitely getting one later as well. This will be perfect with a 55" bedroom OLED (C1)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back