65 inch TV for use in Hall

Well, you guys are keeping me away too from buying a pricey tv. Last Sony my parents bought still running strong since 95. One i gifted in 2016 panel got screwed up within 3 years. Another one with me again screwed up in 6 years. A sammy 40" bought in 2013 is however still running strong. Now if one goes and buys something for 1l+, for it to die in 3 years, sorry cant do that. Sony meant quality and reliability, now it just means cost.

Is that so? I haven't bought a Sony Tv since 10-11 years now, my last Sony was the 46" X series, their flagship lcd that time which was made in Japan & was expensive for its time back then, think i paid approx 1.6L for it then. I still use the 46" X series in my guest room & though its 1080p, still give a fab picture though it so old & outdated.

Was thinking of going for Sony Tv again as its been ages & have had Hitachi plasma, Samsung lcd & now LG Oled. its sad how unreliable today's electronics are compare to years back.
At 42, our priority is often something good, reliable, VFM, long lasting, family satisfying and not hipster trendy TVs that has a bunch of features that lets you talk to your Alexa robotic voice or some 8k VR 3D rich stuff that does not have enough content to view. Sony and Samsung have in recent times lost a bit of sheen and considering other options like fading away brands like Phillips, Panasonic etc.. and a few Chinese brands, it is really a nightmare to select TVs these days. I have decided to try out LG as the current option that ticks more boxes these days.

Is the idea of mounting the TV on an articulating arm bad? Is there any risk to TV? For Frame 55 inch TV is there a wall mount that can at least push the TV by 1 ft? Will it look bad , specially for Samsung Frame TV ( ART mode).
I know these are many questions but the 65 inch sizes still looks poor value for money.

Swivel wall mount you mean? For Frame you lose the aesthetic look if you swivel mount it but it depends on your usage. When you catch the edges of the TV to move it frequently there maybe some wear and tear but other than that it is not dangerous. There are swivel mounts that can move 1 feet also. Once a while moving is okay but if u keep doing it, pls do remember, electronics are fragile.

Sorry, I know its off the track . You can go for 55inch TV and a projector for 100inch screen, movie experience is different level. kids and parents will be very happy.

Hi,
My HT is in living room so I have not planned for projector.
Yes true... for instance, with cricket matches you can't run those in projectors in the hall for a long time and it is popular choice only in a dedicated AV room.
BTW, I have always felt a 65" Sanyo Kaisen TV might be value for money plus when you compare to 55" Frame, it costs the same almost and you have Panasonic's service network to attend any faults in future.

Yes true... for instance, with cricket matches you can't run those in projectors in the hall for a long time and it is popular choice only in a dedicated AV room.
BTW, I have always felt a 65" Sanyo Kaisen TV might be value for money plus when you compare to 55" Frame, it costs the same almost and you have Panasonic's service network to attend any faults in future.
It's a good one but only offers single band WiFi. I feel that may limit the streaming performance . I am not sure though.
Being an IPS panel CR will be lower. I think for my usage VA panel will be suitable.
Nokia 65inch TV has VA panel it seems but again single band WiFi.

It's a good one but only offers single band WiFi. I feel that may limit the streaming performance . I am not sure though.
Being an IPS panel CR will be lower. I think for my usage VA panel will be suitable.
Nokia 65inch TV has VA panel it seems but again single band WiFi.
Well, it is a bit difficult to choose between models and manufactures. For instance if one wants a Maruthi 800 that gives good milage and is inexpensive, one may argue it is out of production and less of leg space is non ergonomic, he'd have to look at Swift Dzire which would be rejected due to not being a true sedan, when opting for Ciaz, one would wonder about honda city, and when the price frightens them, they would look at i10 or 20 and then they would get a great offer at a Tata showroom and so on and so forth. Finally they would end up buying a Mahindra SUV!! In televisions also the same kind of wavering ideas would keep altering our choices. Happy hunting.

Is single band WiFi a real downer? Would like to hear FMs opinion.
Yes. Single band (I'm assuming only 2.4 ghz) does not give very good speeds. Might be workable for 1080p but I can see 4k content not being able to reach max bitrate on a 2.4 ghz connection.

Is single band WiFi a real downer? Would like to hear FMs opinion.
For 4k content it matters. If you have a dual band router go for a dual band supporting tv. I am not sure but a 4k firestick can support 5Ghz I assume. What do you guys say?

Hi,
I understand that firestick and Apple TV will use the TV as a display using HDMI port .
What I am looking for the cons of doing so. What do we loose by using the external device other than the extra cost. Fire stick 4k is 6000Rs whereas Apple TV 4K is 18k.
So what are the cons?

Hi,
I understand that firestick and Apple TV will use the TV as a display using HDMI port .
What I am looking for the cons of doing so. What do we loose by using the external device other than the extra cost. Fire stick 4k is 6000Rs whereas Apple TV 4K is 18k.
So what are the cons?
During sales, the firestick 4k can be had for 3.2-3.5k. No point spending 6k for it.

For Apple TV 4k, the biggest disadvantage is the cost. You get nothing special for the insane amount of money you spend on it. For firestick 4k, it currently has some software bug where the automatic framerate and resolution doesn't work. And if you run it at 4k 60 mode, Dolby Vision doesn't work and you only get HDR10 (you'll need to use internal apps to get DV). Rest everything is perfect.

Hi,
So what are the cons?
you can use the ethernet port on tv to connect to the internet.you don't need to buy an external device for it.

I think he means a wifi connection.
I know.but you can still connect your tv via ethernet even if you have a wifi router.also wired connection always gives you better connectivity than wireless.

Lan cable will be surely a lot cheaper than buying external device just for dual band wifi.also 4k works fine even on single band.even the cheap router has 300mbps.4K doesn't require more than 30.

It really depends on how many devices you have connected to that router and how far it is from the television.also if the connection is an issue you can always upgrade the router.

a Tv should be selected and rejected based on PQ and not for single band or dual band.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back