720p Projector

Avoid the panny at all costs. I have the AX200 and it has the dreaded IRIS problem. Service is possible only in singapore. I have discovered a roundabout way of beating the problem, but it is most irritating. The performance is exceptional though and it is a great projector otherwise. The other discovery I have made is that all projectors are tempermental and suffer from one problem or the other. I think its got to do with the terrific performance available at such low price points. Certainly quality is being compromised. I think a large LCD TV is a better option as it is hassle free. Cheers Amar

I have had my panny for quite a few months now. Will check number of hours on it but I guess it should be around 300. I do not see any such problem. I have run it for 10-12 hours straight few days.

regards

I have the Sony VP AWL 10 at my place, using it for the last year or so (800 hours) and its still going strong without any problems. I would vote in favor of prj any day! I mean, once you've gone 100+ inches, 32, 42 and so on seem too small. I play XBOX and watch movies usually. About to connect TATA SKY too... Also, you can reduce the size and it is almost like a 60inch LCD which works with a bit of ambient light aswell...

If you can control light in your room (Most of us in India can, thanks to heavy drape curtains prevalent), go for a prj. Surely worth it!

I agree 100%,may be more. I had my tata sky connected - saw some slanted lines scrolling on the screen - but otherwise the picture quality was damn good compared to crap quality I see on LCDs in showrooms for tata sky and dish. Right now wife has done away with the tata sky because I was always hooked to the projector in the drawing room.

regards

I have the Sony VP AWL 10 at my place, using it for the last year or so (800 hours) and its still going strong without any problems. I would vote in favor of prj any day! I mean, once you've gone 100+ inches, 32, 42 and so on seem too small. I play XBOX and watch movies usually. About to connect TATA SKY too... Also, you can reduce the size and it is almost like a 60inch LCD which works with a bit of ambient light aswell...

If you can control light in your room (Most of us in India can, thanks to heavy drape curtains prevalent), go for a prj. Surely worth it!

You could also look at the used route for Projectors and if you have contacts in Mumbai then that would be great. I bought Panasonic PtAE-1000 E full HD projector from a Producer/Director friend of mine. The projector was 2 months old and the usage was only 160 Hrs. He upgraded for the newer model of the same at that time i.e PT AE2000. I got a great deal on it as I got it for Rs 60K. Its the ultimate projector specially what I upgraded it with as earlier I had NEC Lt260 which was a DLP projector. Generally with the film faternity people they always tend to upgrade to newer technologies and they are least bothered about money as the picture quality is their sole interest.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back