741 Audio - One more con job

They were there at the Mumbai WhatHifi show. The blingiest speakers there - even shinier than B&O!

The website puts a price tag at 17 lakhs.

kenan and kel nicksplat GIF

"Two 741 active sub-woofer having 12 inches drivers."

I have never seen a reputable company use such language/writing to describe their system. Their "local" accent is showing.

I wouldn't pay 1700 rupees for this.

741- It is said to be the Angel Signal waiting just for you Indian Audiophiles.

Implementing the concept of seperating frequency spectrum of sound by placing the woofer, tweeters and midrange drivers seperately around you to enjoy a larger than life music experience. Redefining the way music can be reproduced in homes with their stylish yet functional seperate component audio solution with a premium touch and feel of leather.

If you love headphone sound but hate wearing them then simply buy this system to get the headphone feel in your room. That's the core idea of spending Rs.17 lakhs.

Does matter, doesn't matter if it is theoretically correct or not, they just made it. It's not science but the maker's dream behind it. That dream design was first transferred to a toothpick model and took over 20 years to become a full scale functional model.

An appropriate April Fool's Day Audio Launch.

That 'Your Home theatre Wale Bhaiyya"
YouTuber lost whatever credibility he had by promoting such unworthy products.

You guys are so negative!
You are biased against our Indian products.
You will rave about "phoren" junk but will not support our talented homegrown talent.
You see all the gold accents that don't contribute to sound but have nothing to say about what really matters - the sonics.
This is a western conspiracy and Saul Marantz' soul is behind this in an attempt to demean our age old "kalchar".
If a paltry 17 lakhs seems like too much for you, don't buy it, you cheapskates.

Now, excusez-moi while I run out to buy a box of toothpicks for my next big inspiration.

Last edited:
The website puts a price tag at 17 lakhs.

😳 Either April Fools day prank or the makers / promoters have been smoking / dealing with some really good greens 🥬 I guess this is the a sniper campaign to promote their greens once u smoke them even your 700 rs boat earphone Will give Dolby Atmos effect 😱😛

741 to Bose - Hold my bear!

During the exhibition, I spoke with the owner and specifically asked him whether its a 2 ch. or a surround system as I was under the wrongful impression that the tweeters were actually rear speakers.
Listened to Sade - Smooth Operator, the imaging suffered heavily due to "Comb filter" effect, similar to what one hears in a rickshaw / car where speakers are firing from various directions.

Last edited:
Listened to Sade - Smooth Operator, the imaging suffered heavily due to "Comb filter" effect, similar to what one hears in a rickshaw / car where speakers are firing from various directions.
You described it quite right.
Thats exactly what i heard too and was out in 30 secs.

17 lakhs is pretty steep for not wanting to use headphones! Wonder what problem the 741 Audio founders are trying to solve. Besides, many would use headphones not just for audio, but also for the sense of intimacy the headphones offer with music.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back