75 inch tv options other than Mi Q1?

goelkun

The primary purpose of this tv will be ott and set top box viewing of movies, shows and sports. Gaming is not a priority. What other options are there apart from Mi Q1. Budget is flexible but can't go to OLED 77" price.

Can't go for 65 inch because viewing distance is very big around 15 feet.

The primary purpose of this tv will be ott and set top box viewing of movies, shows and sports. Gaming is not a priority. What other options are there apart from Mi Q1. Budget is flexible but can't go to OLED 77" price.

Can't go for 65 inch because viewing distance is very big around 15 feet.
I know you said you want a tv still, have you considered going for a projector instead, if your setup permits?

I would suggest look at Sony 75X80j, triluminous pro and X1 is a good combination for "required processing" of OTT and shows.
Mi Q1 is good only if your signal is "processed" already!

I would suggest look at Sony 75X80j, triluminous pro and X1 is a good combination for "required processing" of OTT and shows.
Mi Q1 is good only if your signal is "processed" already!
Ok so Mi Q1 processing is not good enough to upscale ott and set top box content ?

Ok so Mi Q1 processing is not good enough to upscale ott and set top box content ?
My experience, its software and upscaling is not so good if you are watching OTT and shows!
Sony's software does a better job on this, but its 50k higher!
But, the question is, will you be able to notice the difference?

My experience, its software and upscaling is not so good if you are watching OTT and shows!

But what about the fact that Mi is FALD and probably has higher brightness (probably because they don't advertise the number publically) for HDR/Dolby Vision content.

Also I have a 55 inch X90H on which I keep most of the processing turned off while watching 4k content though.

But what about the fact that Mi is FALD and probably has higher brightness (probably because they don't advertise the number publically) for HDR/Dolby Vision content.

Also I have a 55 inch X90H on which I keep most of the processing turned off while watching 4k content though.
Bro! The reply is based on the requirement of OTT and shows! If you change the requirement now, how can we help on that? I calculate the highest bottleneck! If you use more 4K content mi should be fine..

Bro! The reply is based on the requirement of OTT and shows! If you change the requirement now, how can we help on that? I calculate the highest bottleneck! If you use more 4K content mi should be fine..
Yes ok that makes sense, my bad. Does the tv struggle with even 1080p ott content (which is higher bitrate/quality than set top box HD channels) ?

75X80J only 50k higher? It's available at around 2.5-2.7 lacs if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry, mistook it for 75X90J.

There are a few ips panels 75" TV's in the market for 1.5-2 lakhs range with the bigger brands even. Contrast is important only if you watch movies in dark settings and it is an arguable debate that hall TVs which need wider viewing angles are better off with ips screens. (There would be for and against arguments here). Lg has some basic entry level 75" models for 1.5-1.75 range. And Sony 8000H/80J are all the typical choices for the majority who are not too keen in PQ. It upscales tv series low resolution content better than even a FALD lineup within Sony. So your home's ladies will find it better than a FALD or OLED options.

There are a few ips panels 75" TV's in the market for 1.5-2 lakhs range with the bigger brands even. Contrast is important only if you watch movies in dark settings and it is an arguable debate that hall TVs which need wider viewing angles are better off with ips screens. (There would be for and against arguments here). Lg has some basic entry level 75" models for 1.5-1.75 range. And Sony 8000H/80J are all the typical choices for the majority who are not too keen in PQ. It upscales tv series low resolution content better than even a FALD lineup within Sony. So your home's ladies will find it better than a FALD or OLED options.
You are saying that entry level IPS tvs from LG like UP8000/UP7750 will have better upscaling of hd channel tv series content compared to sony TV's? Or you are saying in general that entry level IPS panel will have better upscaling than all fald/oled options ?

You are saying that entry level IPS tvs from LG like UP8000/UP7750 will have better upscaling of hd channel tv series content compared to sony TV's? Or you are saying in general that entry level IPS panel will have better upscaling than all fald/oled options ?
I did not say the first one. I recommended entry level ips lg 75" or Sony 8000H/80J which is also ips entry level. For watching DTH content interlaced 780 pixel, they do a better job and mostly ladies in the house prefer that. The high end TV's to my knowledge do not do a good job with low resolution content SDR etc... And that's because I have a Sony 8000H which does a good job with tv series in 780p. HDR content is just ordinary - nothing big and a 9000+ series Sony will do a better job with those content.

I did not say the first one. I recommended entry level ips lg 75" or Sony 8000H/80J which is also ips entry level. For watching DTH content interlaced 780 pixel, they do a better job and mostly ladies in the house prefer that. The high end TV's to my knowledge do not do a good job with low resolution content SDR etc... And that's because I have a Sony 8000H which does a good job with tv series in 780p. HDR content is just ordinary - nothing big and a 9000+ series Sony will do a better job with those content.
Thanks for the information, I guess a decision needs to be made regarding what to give priority, upscaling of low res tv series or 4k HDR content goodness. Will discuss with the family.

Thanks for the information, I guess a decision needs to be made regarding what to give priority, upscaling of low res tv series or 4k HDR content goodness. Will discuss with the family.
Buy a sony or lg 77" oled.
You only live once.

Buy a sony or lg 77" oled.
You only live once.
This ain't me:p
Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

@goelkun, you must understand one thing - this forum has technology saavy members and are not filled with average viewers. Here there won't be much vibration for non-FALD edge lit ips screens but the average tv viewer out there in the whole wide world including aged parents, house wives, bhabhis, kiddies, servants, didis and bhaiyas and so on and so forth will not even notice the difference on what you spent the extra tens of thousands for. They would however know brand names - Sony, LG etc... FALD has blooming issues compared to entry level LCDs but the contrast makes it a remarkable experience for those who are in quest for true jet blacks. Some high end mini LED falds are even compared to OLEDs like QN90A. And some with not many dimming zones are not even considered good TVs here. You see, there is a reason why there are budget TVs still prevailing even in this day and age. If you turn off local dimming in your FALD tv, you will enjoy tv series better. FALDs dimming algorithm will make grey textures look black and it will need getting adjusted to by the non-tech saavy viewers aka a small case of black crushing which grows up multi fold with OLED. If you ask me, I would say the perfect beach is located in Thailand's ko pi phi or the Havelock Island due to turquoise waters, white sands but my wife thinks it is the Marina beach in Chennai with yellow dirty sands and muddy beaches. Nothing wrong in both point of views. Also the more darker the screen gets (VA, FALD and OLED) the more direct reflection it is prone to. Not at all appreciated by the 90% of general public.

Might yolo it and go for 77 inch OLED. Looked at C1 and A80J 65 inch models side by side at a store near my house (they were playing 1080p advertisements for some reason) surprisingly the C1 looked brighter and had more inky blacks compared to A80J, both tvs were on vivid, tried changing A80J picture modes also but none seemed to look good. I was under the impression that A80J is better at upscaling and better overall picture quality wise but just lacks in gaming features compared to the C1. Anyone has any thoughts / suggestions.

Might yolo it and go for 77 inch OLED. Looked at C1 and A80J 65 inch models side by side at a store near my house (they were playing 1080p advertisements for some reason) surprisingly the C1 looked brighter and had more inky blacks compared to A80J, both tvs were on vivid, tried changing A80J picture modes also but none seemed to look good. I was under the impression that A80J is better at upscaling and better overall picture quality wise but just lacks in gaming features compared to the C1. Anyone has any thoughts / suggestions.
Oleds in general will take time getting adjusted to, but after you start liking the emissive technology, you can't turn back to LCDs. Lg C1 and A80J comparison in vivid settings is like comparing football players wrt their cricketing skills.
1) You must avoid vivid or bright room settings
2) Compare asking them to show you a blue ray movie clip in home cinema settings
3) ask them to put a content your family might watch often and compare that to an LCD! 77" OLEDs will cost you a ton and yet might not be appealing to those who don't agree black is beautiful. Plus they could rough use the TV.

What is your budget and what content do you and your family watch? 85" TVs are also something you may consider. What's the viewing distance? In my humble opinion, 77" screens will offer reasonable price in a few years due to supply and demand logistics and it will soon emerge as the current 65" OLED pricing. As humans push the bar in electronics as time progresses, right now it is a year and a half early I must say, it would come to 2.5-2.75 in a year and a half. So would 85" LCD screens from the big three.

Oleds in general will take time getting adjusted to, but after you start liking the emissive technology, you can't turn back to LCDs. Lg C1 and A80J comparison in vivid settings is like comparing football players wrt their cricketing skills.
1) You must avoid vivid or bright room settings
2) Compare asking them to show you a blue ray movie clip in home cinema settings
3) ask them to put a content your family might watch often and compare that to an LCD! 77" OLEDs will cost you a ton and yet might not be appealing to those who don't agree black is beautiful. Plus they could rough use the TV.

What is your budget and what content do you and your family watch? 85" TVs are also something you may consider. What's the viewing distance? In my humble opinion, 77" screens will offer reasonable price in a few years due to supply and demand logistics and it will soon emerge as the current 65" OLED pricing. As humans push the bar in electronics as time progresses, right now it is a year and a half early I must say, it would come to 2.5-2.75 in a year and a half. So would 85" LCD screens from the big three.
77 inch is the maximum size of tv that can fit on my wall due to doors and cabinets.
And yes I will go again and test them with uncompressed 4k Dolby Vision movies blu ray, 4k hdr Netflix/prime content and 1080p tv series content (ISF Bright/Dark picture modes on lg and custom on sony).
Bright room performance also matters for me because non movie content like tv series and sports will be watched with the lights on, only movies will be watched in dark room setting. So I plan to test both at the showroom.
We are shifting to a new house and the viewing distance is about 15 feet, currently the biggest tvs we have are 55 inch which won't be sufficient for that distance, so we need to buy a bigger tv right now and can't wait for a year or two.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back