75 inch tv options other than Mi Q1?

Does 77" oled fit your budget at the moment? If it does just ensure basic precautions handling the TV such as powering off using remote, give it a cooling time of 15 minutes and then turn off the power and use a voltage stabilizer. Often OLED owners are just end users and most go for lcd if multiple users have access to it as chances are some might not handle the tv set properly.
Tell your family members not to put static images and leave the TV (pausing content for instance) on for a long time repeatedly or not to watch too much of logo intense series. OLED is precious metals grade electronic component. Individual pixels are turned off where there are dark content and so in the long run when the pixel refreshing is not at work, there would be imprints of the brighter static images permanently retained which even today is being said as burn in - which actually is a cathode Ray tube jargon. Permanent image retention is the right description and PIRs can be avoided by the precautions I mentioned above. Panel replacement costs of 77" is a frightful expense mind you. For comparison Sony X8000H panel costs just Rs.60000 but 77" oled panels are not replaced for earthly costs in India. (Higher end of 2 lakhs I was told. You could buy a 65" OLED for the repair cost)
I am not trying to scare you but you must know beforehand that if many members have access, you must clearly instruct them. No stones must be left unturned.

Does 77" oled fit your budget at the moment? If it does just ensure basic precautions handling the TV such as powering off using remote, give it a cooling time of 15 minutes and then turn off the power and use a voltage stabilizer. Often OLED owners are just end users and most go for lcd if multiple users have access to it as chances are some might not handle the tv set properly.
Tell your family members not to put static images and leave the TV (pausing content for instance) on for a long time repeatedly or not to watch too much of logo intense series. OLED is precious metals grade electronic component. Individual pixels are turned off where there are dark content and so in the long run when the pixel refreshing is not at work, there would be imprints of the brighter static images permanently retained which even today is being said as burn in - which actually is a cathode Ray tube jargon. Permanent image retention is the right description and PIRs can be avoided by the precautions I mentioned above. Panel replacement costs of 77" is a frightful expense mind you. For comparison Sony X8000H panel costs just Rs.60000 but 77" oled panels are not replaced for earthly costs in India. (Higher end of 2 lakhs I was told. You could buy a 65" OLED for the repair cost)
I am not trying to scare you but you must know beforehand that if many members have access, you must clearly instruct them. No stones must be left unturned.
Yes I am aware of the precautions needed to prevent burn in, budget is not fixed (as I said we are moving houses and the cost of a 77inch oled is not a huge dent in the grand scheme of things).

Voltage stabilizer is still needed but ? I live in delhi and power cuts / fluctuations are very rare here nowadays but they do still happen sometimes.

Also any issues in just keeping the tv on from the main power point at all times ? Because we don't switch it off generally, or is it beneficial to switch it off completely for burn in prevention?

Last edited:
Yes I am aware of the precautions needed to prevent burn in, budget is not fixed (as I said we are moving houses and the cost of a 77inch oled is not a huge dent in the grand scheme of things).

Voltage stabilizer is still needed but ? I live in delhi and power cuts / fluctuations are very rare here nowadays but they do still happen sometimes.

Also any issues in just keeping the tv on from the main power point at all times ? Because we don't switch it off generally, or is it beneficial to switch it off completely for burn in prevention?
In rainy seasons there would be voltage fluctuations even in national capital region. Going by your reasoning, 77" OLED is a good choice. But direct reflection of light sources in front of screen is an annoying factor in halls. So make sure light sources are not going to be a distraction to your viewing. Then you are done.

Don't switch off the main power point. Early Switching off the mains causes the problem, so let the switch be ON.

Booked 77inch C1 , biggest electronic purchase we have ever made o_O
Nice. But at 15' , even a 77" might be on the smaller side.
Maybe move your seating arrangement to around 10 to 11' from the tv .
I sit at 8' from my 65" and whenever I sit a bit closer , I immediately notice the immersion increases. For movies especially.

Nice. But at 15' , even a 77" might be on the smaller side.
Maybe move your seating arrangement to around 10 to 11' from the tv .
I sit at 8' from my 65" and whenever I sit a bit closer , I immediately notice the immersion increases. For movies especially.
Yeah I know but that's the max size we could fit. Moving seating arrangement might be something we could end up doing to get closer to the tv but we will first see how it all comes together with the current setup.

This is a good indication that larger sized TVs are getting budget friendlier. From C8-CX they were fixed with 7 lakhs ballpark for 77" OLEDs and because of lesser demands, it was anchored strongly at such atrocious prices that a 5.25 lakhs C9 77" was celebrated as a great deal in this very forum not long back. I think 83" and 88" models also will follow suit in a few months to a couple years. I just wonder though that 100" might be the melting point of wax here. Beyond which TVs might become a niche market. As walls will not have the accomodating size anymore and or brighter native 4 k projectors with longer lamp life will be taking over that segment of market. Space constraints will be a bigger issue than wallet constraints.

Is the 75 inch Samsung Frame 2020 good value @ 2 lakhs? Or do better options exist at this price point?

Is the 75 inch Samsung Frame 2020 good value @ 2 lakhs? Or do better options exist at this price point?
Frame has good contrast and is one of the most sought for TV models among non FALD lcd leds within 2 lakhs. Within 2 lakhs price range there is Sony x80j which is an ipl screen - contrast is not deep but since it has Dolby vision and Atmos support, plus is tagged at 1.8 lakhs in online stores you could bargain at offline stores to maybe even 1.60 lakhs. Or you could try bargaining a great deal and get a Sony 75" X90j for 50k-65k more at offline shops which is a FALD and so for the extra money you may get a more than desirable PQ.

Or you could try bargaining a great deal and get a Sony 75" X90j for 50k-65k more at offline shops which is a FALD and so for the extra money you may get a more than desirable PQ.
Thanks. Yes it would make sense to go for the X90J for half a lakh extra I believe.

Currently I have asked for a quotation of the LG QNED91 miniled from three different dealers. I am fairly sure this will touch OLED pricing if not more, so pretty unlikely that I will be able to afford it. Anyways, let's see how much they quote. It says 3 lakhs in here for the 65 incher:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back