89% off on VCD at amazon.in

Amazon is offering 89% discount on VCDs - Link

But whose gonna buy VCDs? :eek:hyeah:

The masses will buy :eek:hyeah:
I know of so many friends & colleagues who have nice big LED TVs and HT systems at home, but still download those 700MB movies from internet for watching. And they find paying a few hundred rupees for an original DVD too high a price!

When you get a 700MB movie rip for free, why would any one pay 100Rs to watch a movie on original DVD... I for that matter wouldn't...

Times have changed, there are more people who have reach to internet...

I don't understand the reason why the distribution can't be made thru internet @ a very nominal price...

Now image when the production studios start distributing the Movies online ( be it 700MB (or) 4 GB DVD Print for 49.99 Rs/- or even 24.99 Rs/- only, it is very much affordable for the masses...

Almost everybody today has atleast 4GB pendrive... The distribution company will make more money...

Assume 1,000 ppl download the movie for 25Rs, they have made money of 25K. if they price the DVD as 100Rs, no one is going to buy it & they might hardly sell 500 Pcs... So net net they earn 5K by DVD & VCD's which is age old business :eek:hyeah:

Although am not very sure if there is a limitation by Govt of India to not distribute online...

Amazon is offering 89% discount on VCDs -

But whose gonna buy VCDs? :eek:hyeah:

Right now most of the movies in Amazon's Bestsellers list are the VCD discs :D

When you get a 700MB movie rip for free, why would any one pay 100Rs to watch a movie on original DVD... I for that matter wouldn't...

Times have changed, there are more people who have reach to internet...

I don't understand the reason why the distribution can't be made thru internet @ a very nominal price...

Now image when the production studios start distributing the Movies online ( be it 700MB (or) 4 GB DVD Print for 49.99 Rs/- or even 24.99 Rs/- only, it is very much affordable for the masses...

There are players like Reliance (BIGFlix) who follow the model you suggested but their prices are higher than what you suggested. I think targeting the guys who download 700MB pirated rips from the web with low priced downloads is not going to work, even if you offer downloads at low prices these guys are going to say why pay when we can download them for free :p

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back