91 posts for selling here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I support increasing the post count to 199 and maybe also bringing in a minimum number of post likes, and minimum account age before someone is allowed to sell.
A forum is meant for exchanging ideas, having a discussion, helping one another, forming a special interest community. The ability to sell (or buy) is incidental. Participation has to benefit everyone - it has to both ways. Someone just lurking around for x years doesn't qualify as a useful forum member. And bleating about being unable to sell is just poor.

You can always post about 50 posts in one night like this guy here
Then in the morning you can make a sale post complete with exclamation marks to announce your sale.

Looks like mpw is right ... we probably need to increase the post count to 199!!

That would be ok but to keep these hawks out of this community, don't you think a 299!! limit should be done?

These Hifi dealers & their peons do a lot of selling here in disguise as genuine owners of the products. They are mostly scammers & unreliable.

I welcome the 99 post limit but it has to be increased to keep this community safe from these Hawks..

Cheers.

You can always post about 50 posts in one night like this guy here
Then in the morning you can make a sale post complete with exclamation marks to announce your sale.

Looks like mpw is right ... we probably need to increase the post count to 199!!

I have seen his posts, looks like it doesn't matter how much number they have to meet to post in sale section. They will do in a day or two.
See, his messages in a day...
Hi
Hello
Welcome
Your preferences and gears.
Etc.

The buyer should be concious of risks involved with trading on online platforms. Setting up high no. of minimum posts required for sale can not act as a gaurantee of genuineness. Buyer should do homework before buying and always check seller's history.

Increasing the number of posts or decreasing it is not going to solve the core problem, if someone can do 91 in 7months, determined one will reach the number 91 or 199 or 999, they will do it. It should be the buyer's homework which will save them not the post count of the seller.

I have been user of this forum for 5 years at least. I mostly read and don't get time to write. And I need 91 posts to post a sale thread.? I don't even know how much i reached. I have somethings to sell, but I can't :(
There is always OLX for your sales. This isn't a selling platform..

Cheers.

In spite of clear disregard for forum rules, the ad is still active:

My take... if i were to moderate:

For those that are new to HFV forums, be advised that we have a 91 post minimum requirement for placing an ad in our classifieds section. This number was arrived at as being the bare minimum to qualify as a regular contributor to the forums.
If you engage in post padding (i.e. spamming senseless posts like "nice" or "+1") to get eligibility, you can expect your posts and your ad to be deleted without explanation. Continuation of post padding will result in a ban.

No offence but this is ALSO a selling as well as a buying platform....check link below for clarity

https://www.hifivision.com/forums/for-sale-by-owner.77/

I feel you as you have only 30 post now after posting this reply :)

This forum also had a different buying/selling platform hifi-ads, you won't be aware of it as your new here & cause of the issues & scammers like i mentioned hifi dealer peons selling stuff. Resulted in it closing down. So calm your horses as it looks like you joined this forum to sell. If you are impatient & can't wait, i say it again "take your stuff to olx".

Thank your stars this forum allows random people to join without a Bio of the person to be accepted by mods, thats how Team-bhp has it.
I would suggest the Admin/Mods to follow that method so its safer community here & best way to keep Hawks out.

Cheers.

My take... if i were to moderate:
For those that are new to HFV forums, be advised that we have a 91 post minimum requirement for placing an ad in our classifieds section.

To be fair ... he did follow the rules and has done nothing wrong.
We have warned him about it and he is aware that he is being watched closely.

To be fair ... he did follow the rules and has done nothing wrong.
We have warned him about it and he is aware that he is being watched closely.

For the record, i dont have anything to sell and don't plan to do so in the future. I would buy though. But i would only spend as much money as i was prepared to lose. I might be buying from a "well known member" but the thing might die on me the very next day! But i do think the OP's grievance is legitimate. There may be many members like him. And i also think there's a slight air of paranoia judging by the reactions. Clearly this is an issue that has touched a nerve. Glad that the mods are more level headed.

91 posts requirement, Along with minimum membership of 91 days on the forum should also be enforced in my opinion ; if membership exceeds 91days, 91 posts requirement is relaxed or really not needed. This is a decent hurdle to discourage olx.in type of sellers.

But, There are many ways to circumvent such rules ; When there's a will there will be a way, for example : a seller can open 2 forum IDs and post a Wanted Post for specific device and post offer with details using another ID. That's why the Minimum Post Rule and Minimum Membership rules should apply to Wanted section as well!
Alternatively, A dealer section with (small amount) paid membership to HFV should be provided without the above mentioned prerequisites for sale posts for genuine resellers.

Another requirement to be enforced is to upload at least 2 Govt approved ID documents, one of which is an address proof; while submitting the first Sale Post on HFV. User selectable forum IDs do provide a privacy to the FMs but add a substantial risk to the buyers. Attaching the genuine Govt IDs will mitigate this issue to some extent and the same can be shared with the authorities in case of any dispute.

2/3 yrs is too much.
Anyways, even olx and quikr won't help you if anything goes wrong with a transaction. And they do this for a living. I don't understand why people expect so much from the mods here for the classifieds section. They are not doing it for a living. It's just a value added service. I feel its the end buyer and seller who should take all the precautions. Ask for Id proof if anything feels sketchy, look at the members previous transactions, postings, how long they have been active. Its all visible to everyone. The mods can not go around policing. Its an open forum!
Just one move that I would personally welcome is that in the sale thread, whoever bought from the seller can leave a feedback.
Ps- I mean no disregard or offense to anyone else's personal opinions. This is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back