91 posts for selling here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From "For Sale by Owners - Rules and Guidelines"

"Any monetary transactions between buyer and seller are purely and entirely between the two and www.hifivision.com does not guarantee the transaction between the two parties, nor is involved in facilitating the transaction, nor does it charges a percentage or commission on the transaction, nor does it hold the payment in escrow. Hence it is not responsible in any way for the satisfactory exchange of goods and money between seller and buyer and is not responsible for mediating disputes between buyer and seller. Please do not start a thread complaining about a trade that has gone bad as it will be deleted. The sale facility must be viewed by members purely as a convenience service provided by www.hifivision.com, and like all commercial transactions, caveat emptor applies."

Aren't we expecting too much from the forum?

2/3 yrs is too much.
Anyways, even olx and quikr won't help you if anything goes wrong with a transaction. And they do this for a living. I don't understand why people expect so much from the mods here for the classifieds section. They are not doing it for a living. It's just a value added service. I feel its the end buyer and seller who should take all the precautions. Ask for Id proof if anything feels sketchy, look at the members previous transactions, postings, how long they have been active. Its all visible to everyone. The mods can not go around policing. Its an open forum!
Just one move that I would personally welcome is that in the sale thread, whoever bought from the seller can leave a feedback.
Ps- I mean no disregard or offense to anyone else's personal opinions. This is just my opinion.
Leaving feedback is a good idea, even I have seen trade score/points in some forums in which we can see the feedback. But that's part/feature of the forum (or can say user interface/feature) which is not necessary.

Rules are grounded for some reasons by the forum founders and moderators.

99 posts can be easily achieved or contributed, if that is what the expectations.

The "offending sale post" has been pulled from the Sale Forum.
Will close this thread for now as all that has to be said has been said.

Thank you for the feedback on the Forum Rules.
Let's get back to audio and other fun stuff out there ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back