A Few questions

manumani

Hi,
I just moved back to India from the US, and brought back some electronics to set up my viewing experience. First the setup

1. PS3
2. Wii
3. Bose V20 home theatre (bose bashers please excuse)

I have a few blu-ray movies and DVDs and plan to use Tata Sky for TV viewing. Now the questions

1. I am looking for a 37" LCD. Can you suggest some good makes ? I will use the TV primarily to play games and watch movies. I am thinking 1080p, since I have ps3 as well as bose v20, which has video upscaling capabilities.
2. Is anyone aware of the video upscaling capabilities of Bose V20 ? Does it make sense to upscale the tata sky signal through the bose v20 ? Do I have to worry about NTSC / PAL ?

Manumani

if u want a 37inch check out the samsung series 5 its a 1080p tv,also check out the sony 37inch S series its a 768p hd tv has lesser input lag , if u ur viewing distance is close u can get the samsung 1080p,do note the samsung and sony both are getting new tvs by july,the sony new 37inch tvs are FHD and have improved image processing,so are samsung new tvs.

My viewing distance would be approx 15 ft. Will check out the models you've suggested. What about v20's upscaling capabilities ? Any idea about that ?

My viewing distance would be approx 15 ft. Will check out the models you've suggested. What about v20's upscaling capabilities ? Any idea about that ?

15 ft is too far out. It may be worthwhile to wait for sometime and up your budget and go for a larger screen size unless space is a constraint.

well 37inch tv is kinda a less for 15 feet,at that distance HD,FHD will all look the same on a 37inch tv, even SD content will look the same at that distance ,if the tv has realy good images processing.
about ur bose upscaling yes it would be better then most lcds but newer upcoming lcds have good image processing,anyway ur ps3 definetly upscales dvds better then any 37inch tv outhere.
well if ur bose is able to handle pal signal u dont need to worry,check whether ur bose has a option to accept pal.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back