A few tweaks that have worked for me

Take some teflon insulation tape and put it over the IEC plug.A couple of rounds over the plug(the part that goes into the IEC female socket).Insert the plug back into the socket.

There is a noticable cleaning up of the sound. The only reason I can think of is that the plug now sits more firmly in the socket and the contact is tighter.

Interesting tweak. I shall also try this.

Another suggestion Prem made was to use the insulation tape on the metal prongs of the mains plugs.

Will the teflon sheet not act as an insulation? How many layers did you use?

I think both may have something to do with preventing micro vibrations.

The second tweak is so counter-intuitive. Whoever discovered it must be a real tweak freak:) One of the links mentioned similar teflon tweaks for Audio Research pre-amps. I think I will try that as well.

Hi Prem,

It's been a few years since your original post on the wine glass tweak. You still using them?

Question...do you find it better for the glasses to be around or near speaker vicinty (say...within 2 or 3 feet) or experiment with different locations in room?

Thanks.

I don't use wine glasses as resonators. I use Franck Tchang resonators

Hello Prem

I have been evaluating these for a while. Glad to find someone using them. Could you please tell me which grade are you using and where does one hit the point of diminishing returns for a mid fi system like mine? A short review of your experience would be great.

Best regards

Start with just the basic and the silver. Place the basic behind the speakers right in the mid point at the bottom. Place the silver at the top.

Humans don't understand a LOT of things that happen around them ! :)
Sometimes we perceive 'things' for which we have no explanation or know how to investigate it meaningfully.

Having said that,this thread got me interested in 'unexplained claims' for effects caused by 'simplistic' materials. So as usual I went to youtube where LOTS of people put up lots of material , a lot of it probably avoidable but some that trigger one's curiosity. After all ,we can't be researching everything ourselves !

So for the curious who might want to check up on 'resonances' and what humans appears to have done about it in the past , look up the following link which will lead to numerous other links.
Have your glass of wine ready and sit in front of your monitor for a few hours and watch some of the Youtube videos , this weekend. Might get you interested or at least make you more knowledgeable than before.

MUST WATCH Ancient Hidden Technology Use of Sound - YouTube

Look at all the links shown on that page and not just the one in the link above!

Maybe the one given below is interesting too......the list is really long and keeps getting longer as we see more links ! Maybe you can stop working and collect fascinating knowledge about our world !:)

NEW HISTORY THEORY - ANCIENT HIGH TECH AND CULTURE WORLDWIDE - YouTube

Cheers.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back