A good set of Speakers and a Sub-woofer

gsenthil99

Hello Friends,

I have a budget of 15K to 18K for a Stereo system.
I was looking at the following options -

1. Bose Companion Series 3. - I had a demo of this at the Bose showroom in Forum, Bangalore and to be frank, I was not too impressed.

2. Sonodyne Genie Power Pack consisting of two Genie 1 Speakers and Active Sub-woofer(I do not remember the Model No.) - This is costing me around 14.5K. I thought the audio clarity of this combo was pretty good, if not Excellent.

What would you guys suggest me with this budget ?

This is currently for my room. My foremost requirement is excellent Audio clarity. I plan to plug in my laptop or my ipod directly.
I also want the flexibilty to upgrade this is to a good Home Theatre system maybe 6 months or so from now. (i.e is with the addition of a good A/V reciever and 3 more speakers)

How about getting the Genie 2 speakers with a good Active Sub-woofer ? How much would this set me back by ?

What are the other possible options I have with this budget?

Thanks and Cheers !

How about getting the Genie 2 speakers with a good Active Sub-woofer ? How much would this set me back by ?

At your budget, the Sonodynes are good choices. If you were in Mumbai, I would have asked you to look at Lithos also.

The Genie 2 is about 6500 each and the active subwoofer will cost 12,500. So that will set you back by some 26,000.

What are the other possible options I have with this budget?

There are a number of options from companies such as Wharfedale, Mission, Energy, Mordaunt Short, etc. All these will cost somewhere around 25,000 or more for a 2.1 set.

There are speakers from a Chennai based company called Audiocraft. At 15,000 you can get floor standing speakers and go on to build a complete 5.1. But as I said, this is a Chennai based company.

Cheers

Hello Senthil!
At your budget what i feel is you should go for a pair of sonodyne genie 1s with the sonodyne power pack active subwoofer. this package should cost you around Rs. 16000. i am not very sure if they are still selling the power pack sub, probably you can just check it out at their store in forum. this will also give you the flexibility of upgrading to a 5.1 channel home theatre.
Regards,
Abhishek.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back