A good universal player for Denon AVR-3313

bepauljoseph

Hey all,

I got a Denon AVR-3313 from a local store in Kochi last week. Seems like this is the last one in India. I'm looking for compatible universal player for it. I've a Denon DBT-3313 for it but also up for options. Does anyone have any ideas on this. I'm looking to play all kinds of stuff that's why I want a universal player. Also, in future - I'm looking to get a turntable player as well. Just FYI.

Look forward hearing from you all.

best,
Paul

What's your budget?
How about an HTPC?
Pioneer LX57 or the 450 would be good options. I have the 450 and it plays just about anything both from disc and USB! SE Asia model even plays rmvb. US/Eu models do not.
Oppo players are well regarded and are reputed to play all kinds of files.

If I may ask, what is it that you are looking to play that the Denon does not?

What is a HTPC. I already have a receiver. I don't know should I get a universal player or something else to play disks & stuff.

Last edited:
Two things,

The universal player that you have got is pretty good. I am assuming that it is this player you are referring to:

DENON US

If it is, then a PC like Baiju's is the way forward. Then you will have great compatibility to play different formats etc.

You should be looking for a HTPC not a universal player.

Just struck me. Have you actually bought the DBT-3313 or are you only thinking about it? Your initial statement is rather confusing.

I've a Denon DBT-3313 for it but also up for options.

What is a HTPC. I already have a receiver. I don't know should I get a universal player or something else to play disks & stuff.

Well to say simply, an HTPC would stand for a "Home Theatre Personal Computer" where the PC is tweaked, purpose built, customized to perform as an platform to handle all kinds of Audio and Video sources and to act as an player, PC and all functions related to using it as an source for your audio and video. This would be by the selection of customized hardware like Motherboard and Processors etc plus the tweaking and installation of special software etc. This is other than the fact that it is also an PC for your mails and document purposes.

There are plenty of gurus in this forum like Baiju who can come forward and correct this definition of mine.

Vinod

Guys, I bought a AVR - 3313 & looking to buy a player. That's my problem. It's too confusing to choose a player in today's market because of lot of cheap, affordable & expensive stuff out there with a lot of specs that I have no clue off.

Guys any luck to let me know about a good player for my AVR-3313. I got to know that DBT 1713, 3313 are discontinued. So suggestions please. Only to play audio with boston acoustics a26 bookshelfs

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back