A Hotter Future Is Certain, but How Hot Is Up to Us.

Innovations comes from people - usually small groups (associations, Civil society organisations, NGOs) or individuals
Governments being large clumsy and bureaucratic organisations rarely innovate. But they can adopt good innovations and scale it up widely.
So each have their strengths. Trust and collaboration is key.

Margaret Mead said:
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”

Another possible action: Boycott bottled water.
This study shows Bottled water is 3000 times more harmful to me environment than tap water.

May be multinationals allow, but what about the Lala Groups? They want you to attend office, sit late, and come right time next day!

Everyone saw while in lockdown: nature is at its best when humans don't venture out. But what happened just after? Same crowds, same traffic jams ... no lessons learnt!
Govt distributed CFLs without knowing it had mercury, all that dumped poisoning the earth. Everyone seeks easy solutions, knowing fully well "there is no free lunch"

Saw many videos of Japanese connecting wash basins to flush tanks ... no one interested. No one forces service stations to reuse water. Very difficult to inculcate good practices.

A few years ago, a politician opined "if we bring good values, people won't swallow, overturn our government! Why should ... ?"

Sorry to say they don't. Today's governments simply do copy paste, not doing any localized efforts to get to the root cause. 2 stroke causing pollution ... produce 4 stroke, still pollution ... use Fuel Injection even for 100 cc bikes, what a mess? Why no check on fuel adulteration? Keep headlights On, for no obvious benefit.

Why no pollution check for aviation sector?
By brains, i mean they can hire brains if they want. Experts.
You know what, this is a kind of topic we can only talk about and do nothing. You can switch off your AC for a couple of days, buy a Class D Amp and stop using a car for a month but what positive it would do to the society ? The only person who suffers is you. What about that United Phosphorus unit which emits Trimethyl Phosphide out into the air which will make your blood decompose in less than a minute ? Can you stop them ? Offcourse you cant.
Ive seen Chemical industries pouring their untreated Chemical waste directly into the rivers so that they dont have to pay the cost of treating their waste. Ive smelt TMP from UPL which is directly behind my unit and you cant smell it for more than 5 seconds. Ive had breathing problems due to extreme air pollution here at my place.
So whats the gain if you stop using your car for a month, or say a year, or say forever ? You will change nothing, except bring problems to you.
If we want to do something, create a largescale protest, nationwide protest, worldwide protest, put pressure on the govts, and maybe then, maybe this may change. Which is highly unlikely offcourse.
India is a place where every banned drug and Chemical is being made. Something is banned in the US, its manufactured in India. Coz human lives here are expendable.
While i agree to most of the points above. Switch off the lights when not needed, switch off the car engine if idle for more than two mins and etc but it can only help so much. Its not going to transform the environment.
Humans are destined to kill themselves. Just a matter of time. The next gen is going to be the same. Its the Human brain. Power Corrupts.

Last edited:
I'm a bit apprehensive about the future. Tackling Climate Change needs cooperation at national and international level, more effective than the economic globalisation efforts made for the last 2 decades or so.The results of economic globalisation has increased global wealth manifold , but the distribution of wealth has been hugely unequal across large large parts of the global population , forcing many governments to backtrack on the issue.
Let us hope these setbacks don't effect the global cooperation needed for climate change.

Whatever we do from the residential or home level might not change 1% of the effect! The major industries are the culprits! Why don't we start supporting eco friendly industries? That might make a difference!

The biggest contribution one can make to reducing their carbon footprint is to not have children or if one does have to, then stop at 1.
Unabated growth of human population is also one of the reasons why we are in such a mess. And before we reach these high temps, we will most surely run out of water much earlier. These issues are more relevant to countries like India.
Also govts, whenever they take or will take necessary measures will meet with huge opposition from the people themselves because most people in our population, either don't want to see, or can't afford to wait for the long term benefits. The ground water levels of this country are so poor, but we see nothing being done in that regard. Being a farmer myself, I abhor the way paddy farming is done in our country and both the govt and the people are responsible for that. So my personal contribution, apart from using renewable energy in the future and minimizing my water usage is to not have a child. Our future generations are anyways going to face very difficult situations due to our actions, so I don't want anyone to go through that because of me.

Hi,
Is this a fact?
Every machine, human body is good at around 80-85% efficiency. Try tuning it further and see what happens?

is to not have children or if one does have to, then stop at 1.
China adopted 1 child policy and see what happened? That's not a viable solution. Yes max 2 child policy can be valid

Something is banned in the US, its manufactured in India. Coz human lives here are expendable.
Why don't you give credit where it is due? Nimesulide syrup, for small kids is banned in US, as it is life threatening there. In India? Kids gulp down a full bottle of 50 ml and nothing happens ... that's our immunity. But yes, some industrial chemicals do threaten our lives, but the "under the table thing" eases out for most companies.

@Chulbulee , sir you have highlighted some of the big challenges we face for sure. We also need to go further and start identifying practical actions and ways to address our role in reducing green house emissions and protecting our shared environment.
As you have implied this is not going to be easy at all.
But the IPCC report emphasises that we have a narrow window of opportunity to act. It is urgent and immediate action is called for..

Here is a interactive map that shows how extreme weather will impact in different parts of the world

An unfortunate setback to our climate change response with the launch failure of the rocket yesterday.
Lost with the GSLV rocket was the EOS-03 Earth observation satellite designed to be a "state-of-the-art" tool for ISRO to study our planet. The satellite was expected to last at least 10 years working to provide near real-time images of India, track natural disasters and other short-term events and collect data to assist agriculture and forestry by monitoring crop health, according to an ISRO mission description.

Last edited:
China adopted 1 child policy and see what happened? That's not a viable solution. Yes max 2 child policy can be valid
The purpose behind my statement is to only bring the population down. It will come with a lot of it's own issues but it will be mainly slow down of economy etc, but that is a harsh pill we have to swallow. Can you elaborate why is it not a viable solution for the end result that we are aiming for?

The issue may be more than just absolute numbers of human species on earth.
Rapid industrialisation, global commerce and supply chains, rapidly increasing incomes, consumer lifestyles, longer life expectancy, all contribute to huge demands on the natural resources destroying the ecosystem in the process.
It is clear this is not sustainable…
Either we voluntarily make wise sacrifices or we and our future generations will be forced to…

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong. - H. L. Mencken

Nature adjust. Entropy law tell us Hot + cold = constant. If it's hotter at one place it will be equally cold at some other place to get the entropy equation balanced. We actually could not do much about that. All the green Revolution people are trying to make money out of this. Nature will eventually balance out in whatever manner. No worries.

We cannot do anything about this as said above. All these talks of " Be the Change " and all that are hot garbage in today's world and looks nice to read but practically it offers zero value.
A single dedicated person cant fight MNCs, Governments and etc unless he is ready to give up his life. Brave indeed, but stupid. I will take stupidity anyday over this kind of Bravery. Atleast i get to keep my Life.
So Relax. Enjoy. Dont purposely pollute if you can avoid.
I also understand the mindset of Chemical Companies who release untreated waste into the waters as the cost of treating it is just so much. If i was in their place, perhaps i would have done the same. Coz, lets be practical and honest. You and your family comes first, everything comes secondary.

People are resistant to changing even their amplifiers to Class D from Tubes/Class A amps but they want everyone else to change around them.. It's like Amitabh Bachchan in Deewar and is still prevalent today... We want people to shut down bottled water which is a cash generating business but whats the point of changing the amp to a Class D which will take away the warmth of the classic track:

Yes, I did google for the crappiest heavy metal song to drive my point. No point having this discussion unless we ourselves are willing to make small changes..

People are resistant to changing even their amplifiers to Class D from Tubes/Class A amps but they want everyone else to change around them.. It's like Amitabh Bachchan in Deewar and is still prevalent today... We want people to shut down bottled water which is a cash generating business but whats the point of changing the amp to a Class D which will take away the warmth of the classic track:

Yes, I did google for the crappiest heavy metal song to drive my point. No point having this discussion unless we ourselves are willing to make small changes..
OT. I normally have a deep revulsion for this genre but today a miracle has happened. Thanks @panditji , the crappiest heavy metal cannibal corpse has weirdly helped the la to wear off quickly. I must listen to this track everytime I'm injected.

Giving up and thinking it’s inevitable should not become the norm.
People approach this issue from a variety of viewpoints, but there are many things each of us can do. We can Start small, but a fatalistic attitude may not be a happy existence. Even small actions can empower and satisfy…

Have a look here:

Last edited:
Nature will always balance itself out - absolutely true - but we might not be able to withstand that balance. Nature has got no issues, when the earth was nothing but a mass of rock with constant meteor showers - it was fine then, also it was fine when the first life started, it was also fine when dinosaurs went extinct. NATURE will adapt, to whatever happens - we won't. If humans disappear tomorrow - trust me the "mother nature" won't miss us one bit. By making an effort we aren't helping "nature" but ensuring survival of our species, specially our own kids (I got none) and theirs - we will be old enough by the time everything goes to hell to probably not care about our lives. Please look everywhere around us. Ice is melting, water level is rising, floods are abundant, ground water is disappearing, cyclones are getting more common, forest fires are the new bonfires, smog is the new fog, species are disappearing at an alarming rate. It is difficult to take a fresh breath!

Yes I agree when you as a single person changes nothing happens, but then look at it this way. A family of 4 avoiding single use plastics, completely, imagine how much plastic you save in your lifetime from going into the ocean. THINK! Imagine - if the whole country doesn't buy coke, bisleri etc etc, (I know bottled water could be the only option for many - but just hypothetically), imagine the impact on our contribution to single use plastic. I know GOVT. needs to enforce these policies. I understand that, but if there is no demand, supply will die automatically. We are responsible too - it is our demand of Coke, McDonalds, Pizza Hut that allows and incentivises these companies to be here.

I am not saying that everyone on this forum if they change the world will be a better place. NOPE. It won't be. I get that - but just look at the collective impact. Read about the village in Maharashtra that restored the water table in their region. A guy in Uttarakhand is helping villages clean up pine (slowly but steadily) and grow indigenous varieties of trees there. Small things - big impact. I grew up spending around 3 months a year in my village a remote place in Uttarakhand, to give you an idea, we had to go around a KM down the village to poop and get water from a natural spring that was around 10 minutes walk. Today - the streams are dry, snow rarely falls, forest fires each year, springs are dried up, nothing grows except pine, farming is impossible. So people leave. I haven't gone to my village since 2017 cause there is no water :) You need to carry 20L water bottles so you can live there for a few days or go there during monsoons only, which becomes hazardous as there are landslides everywhere. That is the impact that we do not see. I am doing nothing to fix it - so I am not holier than thou either, but I have seen what will eventually happen.

A lot of countries have put plans in place to stop single use plastic, have put plans in place to incentivise people to put renewable energy, the generation of solar electricity (like what happened in Northern Germany) will stop the requirement of new Hydel Power Plants, thermal power plants. Use of fossil fuels (we all use LPG, CNG & motor vehicles) is currently impossible for all of us to just give up on, but wherever we can make a small difference it will help - for your kids in the future, we will be gone. Every bottle of coke you buy - your kids will have to pay for to clean up or their kids.

Last edited:
We cannot do anything about this as said above. All these talks of " Be the Change " and all that are hot garbage in today's world and looks nice to read but practically it offers zero value.
A single dedicated person cant fight MNCs, Governments and etc unless he is ready to give up his life. Brave indeed, but stupid. I will take stupidity anyday over this kind of Bravery. Atleast i get to keep my Life.
So Relax. Enjoy. Dont purposely pollute if you can avoid.
I also understand the mindset of Chemical Companies who release untreated waste into the waters as the cost of treating it is just so much. If i was in their place, perhaps i would have done the same. Coz, lets be practical and honest. You and your family comes first, everything comes secondary.
“Climate change determinism offers a calculated and scientific approach to mitigating climate change by acknowledging the reasons behind catastrophic weather and other natural disasters.

Although scare tactics are still widely used in discussions about climate change, optimist campaigns are spreading and encouraging positive thinking that will hopefully lead to positive action. Atmospheric scientist Andrew Dressler told The Verge that although individual actions have little effect on global climate change, collective individual actions do: “One raindrop doesn’t carve a canyon, but enough raindrops will.”

Acknowledging that climate change fatalism has become a cultural mindset is likely the first step towards positive collective action.”
A new global survey has revealed that the division between climate optimists and fatalists is the new frontier of public response to climate change. Global market research firm Ipsos polled adults aged 16–64 in 26 countries, and they found that when it comes to solving climate change, most of us are optimists…
59c53c961a0000630af08110.png

Here is a company that offers greener home products at comparable prices (I have no financial or any other links to this)

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back