A Hotter Future Is Certain, but How Hot Is Up to Us.

I don't believe in (man influenced) global warming. IMO it is arrogant to think that man could cause such damage to an entire planet in such a small amount of time where civilization has existed and even smaller amount of time with industrialized "modern" civilization. It is even more arrogant to think of the planet as fragile.

People are resistant to changing even their amplifiers to Class D from Tubes/Class A amps but they want everyone else to change around them.. It's like Amitabh Bachchan in Deewar and is still prevalent today... We want people to shut down bottled water which is a cash generating business but whats the point of changing the amp to a Class D which will take away the warmth of the classic track:

Yes, I did google for the crappiest heavy metal song to drive my point. No point having this discussion unless we ourselves are willing to make small changes..
This post doesn't add value unless you mention power consumed by an equal SPL class D Vs class A amplifier. I am not even considering SQ.

Ignore!

I don't believe in (man influenced) global warming. IMO it is arrogant to think that man could cause such damage to an entire planet in such a small amount of time where civilization has existed and even smaller amount of time with industrialized "modern" civilization. It is even more arrogant to think of the planet as fragile.
1628777443727.png

“Climate change determinism offers a calculated and scientific approach to mitigating climate change by acknowledging the reasons behind catastrophic weather and other natural disasters.

Although scare tactics are still widely used in discussions about climate change, optimist campaigns are spreading and encouraging positive thinking that will hopefully lead to positive action. Atmospheric scientist Andrew Dressler told The Verge that although individual actions have little effect on global climate change, collective individual actions do: “One raindrop doesn’t carve a canyon, but enough raindrops will.”

Acknowledging that climate change fatalism has become a cultural mindset is likely the first step towards positive collective action.”
A new global survey has revealed that the division between climate optimists and fatalists is the new frontier of public response to climate change. Global market research firm Ipsos polled adults aged 16–64 in 26 countries, and they found that when it comes to solving climate change, most of us are optimists…
59c53c961a0000630af08110.png

Here is a company that offers greener home products at comparable prices (I have no financial or any other links to this)
Thanks for the link.

I have been thinking about switching to greener alternatives slowly. I agree, it is not easy. But not impossible, though.

I am willing to do my part for the coming generation.

Whether my decision makes a difference to the planet is secondary. I definitely can influence my family.

And what's the point of our education and analytical thinking if we cannot even make of a small lifestyle change.

I will give this site a try. :)

Edit:

@Decadent_Spectre Believe it, bro. We, humans are really capable of destruction.​

Thanks for the link.

I have been thinking about switching to greener alternatives slowly. I agree, it is not easy. But not impossible, though.

Whether my decision makes a difference to the planet is secondary. I definitely can influence my family.

And what's the point of our education and analytical thinking if we cannot even make of a small lifestyle change.

Edit:

@Decadent_Spectre Believe it, bro. We, humans are really capable of destruction.​
If you feel humans are capable (of anything) you seem blissfully unaware of the magnitude of the universe and how irrelevant we are are as a species, to think of one's individual self as capable is delusion of a grandeur scale.

Come back to me when humans are capable of destroying galaxies.

If you feel humans are capable (of anything) you seem blissfully unaware of the magnitude of the universe and how irrelevant we are are as a species, to think of one's individual self as capable is delusion of a grandeur scale.

Come back to me when humans are capable of destroying galaxies.
If we are decadent, our innocent kids will witness the spectre of climate change.

Believe what you will I only posted my opinion. Arrogance is what I call it, feel free to believe the media that tells you otherwise. From online articles to magazines to movies.

Believe what you will I only posted my opinion. Arrogance is what I call it, feel free to believe the media that tells you otherwise. From online articles to magazines to movies.
Arrogance ?

What, believing humans can cause damage to the planet?

I may not be humble. But not arrogant, lol.

I believe I shouldn't be the cause of damage to my fellow living beings and their ecosystem. Humans are not the only living beings. The earth is for everyone.

I do not have the delusion that I cannot be the reason for climate change. Obviously I am not the sole reason, lol. But I can be a problem, too. I have no qualms about it.

Climate change is a real issue. Not mass hysteria. It is a problem. Accepting it as a problem is the first step towards finding a viable solution.

You sound like you believe in science. Yet, you don't see what climatologists see. Fine. I cannot show you any contraption or a weapon ( Really ) that destroys a galaxy to prove the adverse effects on climate caused by our irresponsible actions . Sorry.

For me, the change can start from my home. I cannot force others to follow suit. To each his own.

Peace.

PS: I know your weapon analogy was purely sarcastic.

George Carlin fan I suppose …

Hi,
Is this a fact?
I have not heard this before, only reason this news would circulate is marketing to make people buying new things :) better designed products always last long.

“Awareness” is the key, next generations to come will be more worst. Today most of the kids don’t even know where the food comes from, they very conveniently tell it’s from grocery shop. If this continues there is no hope.
Innovations comes from people - usually small groups (associations, Civil society organisations, NGOs) or individuals
Governments being large clumsy and bureaucratic organisations rarely innovate. But they can adopt good innovations and scale it up widely.
So each have their strengths. Trust and collaboration is key.

Margaret Mead said:
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”

Another possible action: Boycott bottled water.
This study shows Bottled water is 3000 times more harmful to me environment than tap water.

Is the power generation for EV charging still Green ??
“With lockdown situations, CO2 emissions decreased by 5.2% in 2020, but the 2021 forecasts predict that the emission level will remain lower than in 2019.”

this simply tells nature can heal it self, only help it asks from us is slow down, we don’t need everything we feel we need. Need is created artificially, they just make us feel it.

I experienced this in the lock down period, it was a eye opener for me. love and respect to nature has increased after this visible change.

How many of us use AVR in Eco mode ??

Thanks for the link.

Edit:

@Silencer i think that’s a “balanced” approach (audio pun intended)
What ever we choose to do we do it for ourselves and our near and dear ones.

@Decadent_Spectre: the best part is there is space for all kinds of opinions here!
We all choose our own piece of the pie
1628787160097.jpeg
Do have a read at this link (posting again in case you missed it)

Arrogance indeed. My weapon analogy was not sarcastic, I mean it. Nuclear weapons (of which a whole 2 were used in actual combat) are nothing special in the grand scheme of things. When humans are capable of literally destroying galaxies, I will then take humans to be a threat to the balance of the universe. Until then climate change advocates may continue being a child in feeding.

I do not know who George Carlin is. I could google it, but your words (and you) are irrelevant to me, regardless of if it was a jab or not.

My opinion is not on the chart. I will not waste my time reading climate change drivel, so pass on the article.

Arrogance indeed. My weapon analogy was not sarcastic, I mean it. Nuclear weapons (of which a whole 2 were used in actual combat) are nothing special in the grand scheme of things. When humans are capable of literally destroying galaxies, I will then take humans to be a threat to the balance of the universe. Until then climate change advocates may continue being a child in feeding.

I do not know who George Carlin is. I could google it, but your words (and you) are irrelevant to me, regardless of if it was a jab or not.

My opinion is not on the chart. I will not waste my time reading climate change drivel, so pass on the article.
I think you have made your position very clear.

Here’s Carlin on the very subject. You SHOULD Google him up if you can get off your high horse for few minutes. Your egoism is a source of constant amusement for me.

People, let’s keep the tone and language civil?
Let’s accept divergent views and opinions even though we may not agree with them?
I hope it doesn’t deteriorate to this thread getting locked down

Yes.

What I should or shouldn't do is my concern. If you are amused then it doesn't matter to me either way, amused/sad, why would I bother for irrelevant things?

Arrogance indeed. My weapon analogy was not sarcastic, I mean it. Nuclear weapons (of which a whole 2 were used in actual combat) are nothing special in the grand scheme of things. When

Why are you even going so far to the Galaxies ? We are not talking here on the disturbance man poses to the balance of the universe. That day may never come. We are talking about the disturbance man poses to the climate here on Earth. And Earth, like you said, is not a very significant part in the galaxy, leave the universe.

I mean, why Galaxies have to come here ? If i dont have the technology to travel to the nearest Galaxy ( Andromeda ) that doesnt mean i dont have the tech and the weapons to destroy a planet.

Someone mentioned damage to the planet, I clarified my views and the scale at which I view it to be a problem. That is why I am going "so far" as the galaxies.

By the by isn't the whole point of climate change the damage/distortion caused to the "natural cycle" as the advocates believe to be happening?

For those who are interested in reading and deciding for themselves:

And

and

Last edited:
Someone mentioned damage to the planet, I clarified my views and the scale at which I view it to be a problem. That is why I am going "so far" as the galaxies.

By the by isn't the whole point of climate change the damage/distortion caused to the "natural cycle" as the advocates believe to be happening?
Oh lmao so let me rephrase. So you mean when we have the technical capability to destroy or cause a disturbance in a Galaxy, say Andromeda which is 2.5 Million Light Years away from Earth ( or ours ), then only you will be convinced that we can destroy or cause a damage to the natural cycle on Earth ? Earth, which is a insignificant planet floating somewhere in the Milky Way.

Last edited by a moderator:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back