A Hotter Future Is Certain, but How Hot Is Up to Us.

Found this. Have a look and make your own conclusions.
View attachment 73029
There maybe more such comparing carbon emissions and population growth over time, specially from the Industrial revolution period onwards
Analogous, one can see the graph go steadily upwards coupled with a deease in mortality rate. Interestingly climatic hazards have kept the population in check.

Though some developed countries with lesser population than ours have been major polluters over the time. Yet population is the root cause of most of the problems as necessities and alternatives are created from them especially when the resources on hand become scarce.
To some extent, we too as individuals are also responsible for pollution for facilitating convenience . At the most we can try to minimise it.

Last edited:
Analogous, one can see the graph go steadily upwards coupled with a deease in mortality rate. Interestingly climatic hazards have kept the population in check.

Though some developed countries with lesser population than ours have been major polluters over the time. Yet population is the root cause of most of the problems as necessities and alternatives are created from them especially when the resources on hand become scarce.
To some extent, we too as individuals are also responsible for pollution for facilitating convenience . At the most we can try to minimise it.
You are right that human population increase has some obvious correlation with increasing carbon emissions, specially from the Industrial revolution and fossil fuel (coal, oil) use.

So in effect it’s massive increase in numbers of one species and it’s behaviour that threatens the existence of every other species on this planet. The future doesn’t look good for our offspring and grand offspring.

I wonder what their school history textbooks will say about us and our generations shortsightedness, selfishness and reluctance to act even with compelling evidence available to us.

(if there are schools; I read Delhi shut schools due to lethal pollution levels)

You are right that human population increase has some obvious correlation with increasing carbon emissions, specially from the Industrial revolution and fossil fuel (coal, oil) use.

So in effect it’s massive increase in numbers of one species and it’s behaviour that threatens the existence of every other species on this planet. The future doesn’t look good for our offspring and grand offspring.

I wonder what their school history textbooks will say about us and our generations shortsightedness, selfishness and reluctance to act even with compelling evidence available to us.

(if there are schools; I read Delhi shut schools due to lethal pollution levels)
We won't be in the good books of future generations for sure. The effects of global warming can be seen presently by our generation too in the form of unseasonal rains , smog and heatwaves.
What is unsettling is that humans feel that the entire planet belongs to them only ignoring other creatures who have the same right to exist in their own environment. We need to respect their's too.

We won't be in the good books of future generations for sure. The effects of global warming can be seen presently by our generation too in the form of unseasonal rains , smog and heatwaves.
What is unsettling is that humans feel that the entire planet belongs to them only ignoring other creatures who have the same right to exist in their own environment. We need to respect their's too.
Absolutely!
Other species unfortunately don’t have votes or ability to express their opinions and concerns.

Our all powerful species has all the power to annihilate everyone, everywhere…and no power individually to change the course of events that are playing out to the bleak future.

But Margaret Mead, the Cultural Anthropologist gives us hope. She said:
“ Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”

Absolutely!
Other species unfortunately don’t have votes or ability to express their opinions and concerns.

Our all powerful species has all the power to annihilate everyone, everywhere…and no power individually to change the course of events that are playing out to the bleak future.
That is the irony but very true :)
But Margaret Mead, the Cultural Anthropologist gives us hope. She said:
“ Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.”
That's true. I have read about a few committed people who were responsible for the cleanup act of some beaches in Mumbai by collecting plastics and other garbage. Hats off to them.

And that’s what everyone is saying…and probably keep saying till it’s too late and the whole system that we use to justify the status quo starts to collapse.
Follow the COP27 conference if you want to get deeper into the subject and possibly become another alarmist backed by science :)

Perhaps my tone was not quite as evident in my post as I thought it to be.
This “Boiling Frog” phenomenon may explain the lethargy and reluctance to act and make significant changes
Nope. It is plain ol' friends called convenience and greed. These two have been the motivating factor for all the "progress" in human societies. It is not very easy to cast these aside.
We can attribute these two motivating factor for almost every living human today doing whatever he is doing even if he doesn't enjoy it.

A hotter climate would impact audio quality and our enjoyment of music.
But what can we do?
Who needs to do what? At what scale to make a difference?
Climate does not recognise national boundaries…we are all in the same boat.
But governance is at national levels… so:

The problem of lack of collective action on climate change—and why we fail to act with the greater good in mind.

It isn’t always individual self-interest that’s getting in the way of collective, climate-friendly behavior. Rather, people believe taking action is important, but fail to correctly perceive how important others think action is, discouraging them from making a change.

“Take solar panels,” writes Brett Jenks, CEO of the international conservation organization Rare. “Rare’s research found that nearly 6 in 10 Americans think that people should install solar panels on their homes. However, when asking those same Americans about what others believe, they estimate that only 3 in 10 people think other people should install solar panels.”

Identifying this gap is critical to climate-related behavior change, Jenks says, because “the strongest unique predictor of intention to take high-impact climate action is whether a person believes that other people are already taking that action.”

The problem of lack of collective action on climate change—and why we fail to act with the greater good in mind.

It isn’t always individual self-interest that’s getting in the way of collective, climate-friendly behavior. Rather, people believe taking action is important, but fail to correctly perceive how important others think action is, discouraging them from making a change.

“Take solar panels,” writes Brett Jenks, CEO of the international conservation organization Rare. “Rare’s research found that nearly 6 in 10 Americans think that people should install solar panels on their homes. However, when asking those same Americans about what others believe, they estimate that only 3 in 10 people think other people should install solar panels.”

Identifying this gap is critical to climate-related behavior change, Jenks says, because “the strongest unique predictor of intention to take high-impact climate action is whether a person believes that other people are already taking that action.”

Now there's a Startling assertion by NASA, that Climate Change is not Manmade but more Related to Sun ☀ and his Relation to Earth 🌏..
They had a knowledge of this phenomenon but they didn't bother to Correct the media measures and instead focused on throttling developing economies on the spurious basis of Climate change! The propaganda machine has to do some introspection.
Greta Go To School Now!!

I still have my Reservations to NASA admitting Such things, which is Next to impossible, but nevertheless a scientific mind needs to keep probing :)

I QUOTE...
"For more than 60 years, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has known that the changes occurring to planetary weather patterns are completely natural and normal. But the space agency, for whatever reason, has chosen to let the man-made global warming hoax persist and spread, to the detriment of human freedom. "

Now there's a Startling assertion by NASA, that Climate Change is not Manmade but more Related to Sun ☀ and his Relation to Earth 🌏..
They had a knowledge of this phenomenon but they didn't bother to Correct the media measures and instead focused on throttling developing economies on the spurious basis of Climate change! The propaganda machine has to do some introspection.
Greta Go To School Now!!

I still have my Reservations to NASA admitting Such things, which is Next to impossible, but nevertheless a scientific mind needs to keep probing :)

I QUOTE...
"For more than 60 years, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has known that the changes occurring to planetary weather patterns are completely natural and normal. But the space agency, for whatever reason, has chosen to let the man-made global warming hoax persist and spread, to the detriment of human freedom. "
Good to verify if NASA has made such assertions. Natural changes are happening since the universe began and such changes are going to happen long after our species are extinct. But the data and evidence over the past few centuries shows a clear correlation between human industrial activity and an increased negative impact on climate change.
The website quoted seems to be run by Seventh Day Adventists. I will look for the original NASA quote too

Here is the NASA website:

The world’s most Dangerous Show
If you are concerned about Climate Change, how it impacts our lives and every life watch this:

A climate crisis glossary: To help demystify and open up conversations on climate change, The Third Pole has compiled this glossary of key terms, available in five languages

Back