A new window...Technics SL1210mk2

The Technics SL1210mk2 has found a new home and i will be using the Akai AP D30 as a nightwatchman till i get my Lenco L75.

The Lenco L75 project will take a few months since it involves DiY / assisted DiY and time as well.

i needed a record player :) to get my vinyl spinning again.

regards

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_161514.jpg
    IMG_20171006_161514.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20171006_161548.jpg
    IMG_20171006_161548.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
The Technics SL1210mk2 has found a new home and i will be using the Akai AP D30 as a nightwatchman till i get my Lenco L75.

The Lenco L75 project will take a few months since it involves DiY / assisted DiY and time as well.

i needed a record player :) to get my vinyl spinning again.

regards
Sometimes, nightwatchman will perform better than the tag given to it. It may continue batting longer than your expectations

i was to add in my post the same...

unheralded but gritty - can take hits to the body but wont expose the stumps - these fighting qualities i like lots..

i will be happiest if it turns out to be so :)

+1, my night watchman (SL3200) is still involved at times, as an important member of my team (part of a world eleven perhaps), which includes legends like bradman (301), tendulkar (401) and sobers (SP10)

RP

what turntable mat do you use ? the the one that came with the TT or cork mat ?

tried experimenting with the TT mat anybody ?

regards

@mpw, i tried using a simple cardboard piece (2mm) available at the stationary shop for around 15/- rupees and cut them to size and placed my leather mat on top of it. The original Technics Rubber mat is now not being used. This helped me to get the VTA back to normal and i am enjoying what i hear. You can try this if the cardboard trick work for you, before you invest on the cork mat.
The cardboard helps to remove resonance by decoupling the aluminium platter which is hard metal.

@mpw, i tried using a simple cardboard piece (2mm) available at the stationary shop for around 15/- rupees and cut them to size and placed my leather mat on top of it. The original Technics Rubber mat is now not being used. This helped me to get the VTA back to normal and i am enjoying what i hear. You can try this if the cardboard trick work for you, before you invest on the cork mat.
The cardboard helps to remove resonance by decoupling the aluminium platter which is hard metal.

hi hari

Am happy with the sound I get on vinyl playback.

No experiments on this line atleast

Mpw

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back