A question for Pioneer DVD player user.....

tinny9

hi guys......

i have a question for those who use dvdrip (divx) movies on their player.

recently i have checked out sony dvd player and i found that it doesn't play divx movies in the correct aspect ratio.

if the movie is completely of 16:9 ratio, even then it shows black bars.
also i had tried all the settings on sony dvd player but of no use.

and if we play the same movie on philips dvd player, it plays fine without any black bars.

offcourse the display medium is of 16:9 ratio.

now my question is whether the pioneer 610 or any other pioneer model plays divx movies with correct aspect ratio?????

i am planning to buy pio 610; i dont have the option to audition it.
i would have to order it without viewing

so pls guys help me out

thanks

hi guys......

i have a question for those who use dvdrip (divx) movies on their player.

recently i have checked out sony dvd player and i found that it doesn't play divx movies in the correct aspect ratio.

if the movie is completely of 16:9 ratio, even then it shows black bars.
also i had tried all the settings on sony dvd player but of no use.

and if we play the same movie on philips dvd player, it plays fine without any black bars.

offcourse the display medium is of 16:9 ratio.

now my question is whether the pioneer 610 or any other pioneer model plays divx movies with correct aspect ratio?????

i am planning to buy pio 610; i dont have the option to audition it.
i would have to order it without viewing

so pls guys help me out

thanks

Yes, it does correctly.
But note that not all divx rips on the net are 16:9. Some are 16:10 etc., which will show the blackbars anyway.

Yes, it does correctly.
But note that not all divx rips on the net are 16:9. Some are 16:10 etc., which will show the blackbars anyway.

ya i know that buddy thats why i mentioned that the philips player does it well....

thanks for ur support.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back