A sad ending of an LP

Hi all,
I have a few LP records in my collection,and they are worth a treasure to me. One of them is "The Burning Train". A week ago I had played this and it was perfect. Today evening took it out again to play and to my horror found that it had developed pimples all over, making it unplayable. Cant find any reason to this. Can anyone help me about what may be the cause of it so that I may save my rest collection? Am attaching some pics. Please help me.Photo editing_Cloud20211210_1.jpgPhoto editing_Cloud20211210_1.jpgPhoto editing_Cloud20211210_1.jpgPhoto editing_Cloud20211210.jpgPhoto editing_Cloud20211210.jpgPhoto editing_Cloud20211210_2.jpg

Hi all,
I have a few LP records in my collection,and they are worth a treasure to me. One of them is "The Burning Train". A week ago I had played this and it was perfect. Today evening took it out again to play and to my horror found that it had developed pimples all over, making it unplayable. Cant find any reason to this. Can anyone help me about what may be the cause of it so that I may save my rest collection? Am attaching some pics. Please help me.View attachment 65135View attachment 65135View attachment 65135View attachment 65136View attachment 65136View attachment 65137
I had similar experience with my mint record "Around the world" I could not find any reason for the same, had to purchase another copy of the record. None of my other records have developed such problem till date. I also guess that it is a manufacturing defect.

Had the same experience with Phir Wahi Raat LP. I had two copies and both developed these bubbles sort of thing.

Any distortion in sound or affecting the performance when it's playing with bubbles?

I have a few bubbles on "Phir Wohi Raat" LP.
It has very slight distortion in sound but quite listenable to my thinking.

have not had the courage to spin the LPs.
Sorry. But, it's said that it won't affect the playback and no harm to the cartridge. You can try to cure the bubbles by doing this: Clean the record, place the record in between two clean, heavy plain float glass, and place under the direct Sun light for 30 minutes. Wait and let the glass cool down. Take out the record, if the bubbles not completely flattened , then, you can try for another 30 minutes.

In my opinion, before you do anything, why don't you check by playing the record just for 1 minute? Also please watch this video.

Last edited:
I had a similar experience with many of my father’s Indian and foreign pressings (Lp &Ep vinyls) stacked on the loft from 1981 to to 2018 unused and unattended, (due to his demise) with bubbles an pimples. I feel it was due to high humidity which some vinyl could not stand to, due to some manufacturing defects in their content.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back