A short visit to B'lore!! hoping to meet any audiophile there if possible...

Santhosh

Sure let me check it out in a day or two, and also see if I get any footage of myself on the local TV channel recommending their stuff! I want to see if they have khubani , haleem and biriyani like last year, will update you folks.

Santhosh

Sure let me check it out in a day or two, and also see if I get any footage of myself on the local TV channel recommending their stuff! I want to see if they have khubani , haleem and biriyani like last year, will update you folks.

Thanks George. My wife makes excellent authentic Khubani ka Meetha:licklips:, so I get to eat any time of the year. She learnt it from my sister who lives in Hyderabad.

Never knew Haleem was popular outside of Hyderabad.

I have a couple of friends from Chennai (work buddies who worked in Hyderabad for a while) who are hooked on it and make a trip to Hyderabad during Haleem season every year.

Must agree its a delicacy and not to be missed!

Never knew Haleem was popular outside of Hyderabad.

I have a couple of friends from Chennai (work buddies who worked in Hyderabad for a while) who are hooked on it and make a trip to Hyderabad during Haleem season every year.

Must agree its a delicacy and not to be missed!

There was a time (in my school and college days) when I used to visit Hyderabad every year during the holy month of Ramadan just to eat Haleem everyday of my stay (and ofcourse to visit my sister:p). My Brother in Law and I would go Haleem-shop hopping (like pub-hopping) and try out various shops :eek:hyeah: Thankfully, we can now have Haleem in Bangalore itself, though it is only close to the Hyderbadi concoction.

The beauty of Haleem is either you love it or hate it but can't ignore it. Many of my friends love it but I don't. Some how never liked the taste and feel.

Search for .... and try out semi-done Mutton brain masala or 'magaz masala' ... looks slimy as well, but yummy! Has to be part done, otherwise the telltale goat-smell would go missing ... :licklips: :D

Hi, too bad, I missed out meeting you by a few days. I was in Bangalore, pretty much on banaglore roads, till the 25th July. Went there on a vacation, covered hampi and coorg as well. Was supposed to meet DigitalV, but just couldn't make it happen. May be some another time I guess.

Tried all my famous food joints, along with home cooked food. Srinivasa Coffee (for getting coffee powder), China Pearl (for their Red Dragon Chicken), Siddiqui for their kababs and grilled chicken, Hyderabadi Biriyani House next to Total Mall for Biriyani and Hyd Chicken spcl. MTR for meals, 100 ft rest. slurrrrp!

Can't wait to get a job there :( but alas .....stills tuck in gurgaon.
have a blast RD!

Tried all my famous food joints, along with home cooked food. Srinivasa Coffee (for getting coffee powder), China Pearl (for their Red Dragon Chicken), Siddiqui for their kababs and grilled chicken, Hyderabadi Biriyani House next to Total Mall for Biriyani and Hyd Chicken spcl. MTR for meals, 100 ft rest. slurrrrp!
You too are a foodie just like your BIL eh? Last time he was in India, I took him to his favourite Andhra Style Restaurant, Swati for old times sake. Sorry, we could not meetup last time you were here as I was away from Bangalore.

Spending time listening to Acoustic Portraits @GVenus place... Mesmerizing!!! To bad times running out...George O ..where are you..tried reaching you ? Am itching to treat my reward to more scintillating soothing sound

Hi, too bad, I missed out meeting you by a few days. I was in Bangalore, pretty much on banaglore roads, till the 25th July. Went there on a vacation, covered hampi and coorg as well. Was supposed to meet DigitalV, but just couldn't make it happen. May be some another time I guess.

Can't wait to get a job there :( but alas .....stills tuck in gurgaon.
have a blast RD!

Saad that I couldnt meet you Snorkel4U, I was excited and was very eager to meet as many audiophiles as possible. But I expect any one who plans to visit Hyderabad to inform and I will be more than just glad to meet up and take you guys around if possible. (Hyderabad is smaller so it would be easy for me :D)

There goes your Klipsch..s to the dust-bin! I had warned you .... :indifferent14:

Hahha I agree it did leave me wanting more but I ve decided that I d go for some augmentation with the existing setup and hope I get advice from all of you over here.........

Im around, but had an unexpected meeting yesterday afternoon, call me today after 12 noon we will try and do something.

Ahh was able to extend the stay till tomorrow evening...;).

Last edited:
Spending time listening to Acoustic Portraits @GVenus place... Mesmerizing!!! To bad times running out...George O ..where are you..tried reaching you ? Am itching to treat my reward to more scintillating soothing sound

next audition GVenu for sure

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back