About price disclosure in "For Sale" section

PS
I completely sympathize with the situation of the mods and amount of effort they put in to keep the community healthy. Our community size to moderators ratio is pretty low and the only way I see to balance this is to promote a few more members with "Moderator" privileges in order to share the work-load. May be we can have a poll of sorts (like StackExchange does) to elect new set of moderators.

Let me add one more thing, everyone wants lowest price in the world while buying, whereas they want highest price while selling. Let the market determine the pricing of a product, not by rules and regulations.

Sid has put it down plainly and perfectly sums up the discussion.

@ubitoo thanks for the appreciation but the point I wanted to make was that the forum Sale Rules cover most things just fine. There are always going to be issues which are beyond the scope of rules & moderation whatever measures we take. We are really not interested in taking on the liability it entails.

Having purchased and sold in this forum, i find that the present set of rules are more than enough.
Prospective buyers can always clarify doubts over PM.

Yes there have been few instances of deals going sore on either side, but that is inevitable as it is a human thing.
The forum activity of the member (buyer or seller) can provide a reasonable assurance, but again that is not a guarantee either.

Thanks @Nikhil and @Kannan.

I just added the concluding post to clarify my original proposal and thank FMs/Mods for bringing in their perspective.

Indeed, I agree on most parts of the arguments presented against addition of new rules. Since, more or less, everyone agrees that incorporating the suggestion may not be as beneficial as originally thought by me, we can even close the thread with a note like: "Decision Made - No change in rules".

I personally don't care if a Sale ad does not mention purchase price, or current MRP. The 'net is there for everyone to do their research before buying.

My concern is of general etiquette, something that has been raised in the past about General posts as well. In the past month I've had three deals where a price had been agreed to, bank details exchanged, and just before money is transferred the buyer/seller just withdraws, no explanations, and sometimes, no further contact at all. No basic courtesy at all.
So my submission is : Can we have a feedback rating for buyers/sellers? It might help future punters.

I personally don't care if a Sale ad does not mention purchase price, or current MRP. The 'net is there for everyone to do their research before buying.

My concern is of general etiquette, something that has been raised in the past about General posts as well. In the past month I've had three deals where a price had been agreed to, bank details exchanged, and just before money is transferred the buyer/seller just withdraws, no explanations, and sometimes, no further contact at all. No basic courtesy at all.
So my submission is : Can we have a feedback rating for buyers/sellers? It might help future punters.

I agree and seen this.....i faced something like this over OLX a couple of years back.....

Feedback and rating i guess is there in the form of (Likes) the member earns and also there is the report tab if the post / response is not as per guidelines / rules......

Agree there should be some billboard to show negative rating if any (profile) of any member....can be considered as a suggestion by Mods & Site owner.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back