Acoustic Research Integrated Amplifier

jorge

I have an AR amp from the 70's maybe, which has not been working.
The power transistors had blown once before and I had got them replaced (with 2N3055s) by a repairer in Altamount Road, who did a very good job.
He is no longer there.
It worked good for maybe 15 years after that with no trouble.
Most repairers take one look and say no, it will take too much time.
I have the original circuit diagram and instruction manual.
Any suggestion of a good repairer in Mumbai, who could fix it?
Its an extremely rugged amplifier and good 50 RMS per channel sound.
Hate to let it go after seeing the new amplifiers!!
I also have a SA9100 which needs repair.
I bought it used and it just worked for 30 minutes.The protection light keeps coming on and it just wouldn't work after that.Thanks.
Jorge.

I will second what Hemant and legin said about AVC, Shivaji Park. Only today I got back my Audio Research Classic 60 power amp which had gone kaput. He repaired it. Takes his own sweet time (especially with Diwali coming in between, and me travelling), but he is friendly, knowledgeable, knows where to source parts, and did a good job.

Please speak to him. His address is:
Mr Sanjay Raut
AVC Incorporated
3B, Hariniwas, Shivaji Park
Opp Asraya Hotel,
Lady Jamshedji Road
Mahim/Dadar West
24465123/9820008982

Direction: assume you are at Shiv Sena Bhavan junction. Go towards Mahim on LJ Road. Before you reach the first traffic signal that joins on the left to Shivaji Park, straight ahead to Mahim, Hariniwas building is on the left. A landmark is the Reebok showroom. It's on the first floor. Highly recommended.

All the best,
Joshua

Glad to hear that Sanjay is being recommended & doing a good job on the repairs front. I too have benefited from his good work.... He brought my Nak back to life :)

Wow - it is good to see that even these older amps can be repaired. What this implies is that even older hardware may continue to be used so long as you are diligent in maintaining/servicing these.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back