Active Bi-amp PCB

Any good ideas for enclosure for this PCB and transformer? ( I already have heat sink)
After doing some online research I came to know that Steel enclosure is best as it provide shielding, but at the same time it is difficult to work with, I can not do drilling etc etc with my home tools.
Aluminium is easy to work with, but not as easy as 6-8mm MDF plywood. I am inclined towards using plywood , as it is the easiest. But I understand it is not the best to choose for amplifier enclosure.
I see that diyaudiocart have a very nice amplifier enclosure, but unfortunately it is beyond my budget for this project.
Do you guys know any other cheap alternatives for amplifier enclosure which will require least effort? I can compromise on the quality a little bit to keep the costs low.
Thanks in advance for help.

Sheet metal is cheapest option given you have proper resources. If you have time look around your local electronics market, you can get a sheet metal cabinet then customize it to your liking.

Go to pioneer electronics. Budhwar peth. Nr pasodya vithoba. They have metal chassis options. I used many with adding faceplate or spraying colors with comspray cans.

Go to pioneer electronics. Budhwar peth. Nr pasodya vithoba. They have metal chassis options. I used many with adding faceplate or spraying colors with comspray cans.
Thanks,
I went there 2-3 times, but everytime I came back after seeing the crowd and purchased stuff from trio. Looks like he is distributing something for free :p
But for chassis I will keep patience and will go there again.

What is your idea of layout? amp assembled inside speaker enclosure or both amps in a single seperate enclosure? My suggestion is the first. Then SWG 18 zinc coated steel is the best. not difficult to work with.

Last edited:
Some pictures of assembly

Attachments

• IMG_20160105_103315081_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160105_103315081_HDR.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20160105_103259410.jpg
    IMG_20160105_103259410.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 45
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back