Advice for ICE Head Unit

ash147

Hi

I'm in dire need of some valuable advice from the members of this forum.Planning to replace my old ICE Head Unit with a new one.My ICE dealer is giving me a Blaupaunkt Memphis MP66 head unit @ Rs 8800/-...

1) Pls let me know is the price ok ? The MRP printed on the unit's
box is Rs 25 K.

2) Is this model an old one ?

Below are the features of the above said model:

Detachable motorized faceplate with 3.2-inch full-color TFT display showcases your favorite photos on screen

USB port lets you simply and easily add as much storage as you want for digital music and pictures

DigiCeiver all digital tuner delivers crystal clear quality conventional AM/FM radio

DEQ Max 6 band parametric EQ for sonic customization, including automatic calibration with optional microphone

Bluetooth-ready capability lets you add wireless integration for cell phones

MMC/SD card slot for simple transfer of digital picture and music files

Programmable Bass, Treble, and XBASS EQs lets you dial-in sound for ideal performance in any vehicle

MP3 compatibility for up to 10 hours of music from one MP3 CD-R/RW

TEL/NAVI input for integration with cell phone and navigation systems, and AUX input for satellite tuner and video equipment

Programmable Bass, Treble, and XBASS EQs lets you dial-in sound for ideal performance in any vehicle

Variable subwoofer output, plus 4-ch preamp outputs make it simple to add and control additional amplification

The Memphis MP 66 unites fine design and a high-resolution color display (TFT) with first-class audio performance and extensive connectivity. Unique details such as the digital 6-band equalizer, which calibrates itself automatically to the characteristic acoustical conditions of the vehicle at the press of a button, or first-class radio reception thanks to the DigiCeiver technology, ensure perfect sound. But thats not all, not by a long shot: The optional Bluetooth interface with integral microphone lets you make mobile phone calls wirelessly using the vehicle speakers. And with the included cable, USB connectivity enables you to connect and control USB sticks,
MP3 players or portable hard disks for musical enjoyment entirely according to your taste. The two AUX/In inputs can be used, for example, to connect external audio sources such as portable MP3 players (Apple iPod). Anything that sounds this good should reflect your style in terms of looks as well. Picture Upload enables you to individualize the display. Blaupunkt now as ever, your connection to the future of car radio the Memphis MP66.

Thanks captrajesh
Thanks rallynut

featurewise I do agree the system is xcellent.
Need feedback on Blaupunkt systems and how good is this company...Till a couple of years back bosch used to provide service to blaupunkt systems..now bosch has broken away from blaupunkt...i don't know who is going to service these systems...

ur views...

thanks

The memphis is about 2yrs old headunit & now discontinued. It was a good headunit form what i recollect thought i do not recollect all the features, pl check the net for the same.If true then the price you are getting seems reasonable but there are a few head units form kenwood available for with the same features & arnd the same price range.
All the best
Cheers

I have a Blaupunkt head unit & speaKERS IN MY fUSION FOR 2.5 YEARS.

no problems. Only FM reception is not as good in weak signal areas.

If it fits ur requirements go ahead.

if you like the features and will use them get the blaupunkt

if its only SQ youre after ( no features compared to this one ) get an alpine
i think the high end ones go for about 10k-14k
what other ICE equipment are you looking at

if you gonna go with mid fi component speakers ,amplifier ,sub etc the alpine would make a better choice
for regular unamplified 4 speakers the blaupunkt will do

if you like the features and will use them get the blaupunkt

if its only SQ youre after ( no features compared to this one ) get an alpine
i think the high end ones go for about 10k-14k
what other ICE equipment are you looking at

if you gonna go with mid fi component speakers ,amplifier ,sub etc the alpine would make a better choice
for regular unamplified 4 speakers the blaupunkt will do

Thanks for ur valuable advice magma.Last week I got this Blaupunkt HU fitted in my car.B4 finalizing I again bargained on the price with the dealer.Finally I got the HU for Rs 7300.The sound thru the unit is excellent and am loving it.The features are also superb,though I have not been able 2 exploit them fully.I'm using this with a pair of round JBL speakers ( forgot the model no ) at the rear, a pair of tweeters on the dash and a pair of speakers ( Only Honda guys know ) at the front doors.

Now am planning to go for am amp and a sub.Kindly guide me on the same.I do not want a boomy kinda bass.the bass should be tight.
Tell me should I change me rear speakers to oval ones ?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back