Advice needed on Few doubts (Screen & Room)

Are u gonna ceiling mount the PJ or table mount it? Whats' the total height of the wall where u gonna fix the screen? Also, there are no obstructions in the path of the PJ and the screen, right? Like wall beams, chandeliers etc

YES . am goin to ceiling mount it. my room is 9/18 ft room. height will be 13 ft and am goin to fix a false ceiling in it to reduce the height .there is no restrictions....

not 13 ....sorry more the 10 am sure...wont be upto 13 as the height of the door is 6ft and from another 4 ft
so i gurss 10+ ft

Plz dont guess mate....have exact measurements ready and that saves running around at the last moment.

Am attaching a sample pic from my understanding, I would prefer gurus to chip in and help.

GLxN6.png

boss.
the front projection area going to be remain the same and i can re adjust the height of the ceiling as per your advice . the ceiling is not flat its an old (/\) shaped one..so in the center i can get enough height .

and i dont have a clue about off set arrangement. does that mean the PJ has to be fixed few inches away from the center of the screen ??

later today i will message you with the drawing with exact details .can you give me some sujjestions about the ceiling mtg height and positioning of projector etc...????

i will send the datas and you give the final sujjestions.. can you please do that ??

later today i will message you with the drawing with exact details .can you give me some sujjestions about the ceiling mtg height and positioning of projector etc...????

i will send the datas and you give the final sujjestions.. can you please do that ??

More than happy to help....but mind you, am just a startup like you, just have theoretical knowledge and the things I have done for my first PJ setup(which is still in progress phase only). The forum has much better and accomplished HT guys who can help u with more tweaks and data from their personal experience.

So, I would suggest u post here as well ur needs and I will try to help u out personally as well.

Regards
Imrahn

You just give your valuable sujjestion and your point of views like if you are doing it..rest if i need more ideas then i will post again ...but i have noticed HT professionals are quite busy with huge projects...
you have did a good job as most of the points you mentioned was not known by me..i could have end up with my project for days....

thank you very much and lookin forward for helps from you..

Imrahan,

Very well said.

Indeed it is any day better to seek advice via thread/s for getting many replies instead of private messaging.

V.

More than happy to help....but mind you, am just a startup like you, just have theoretical knowledge and the things I have done for my first PJ setup(which is still in progress phase only). The forum has much better and accomplished HT guys who can help u with more tweaks and data from their personal experience.

So, I would suggest u post here as well ur needs and I will try to help u out personally as well.

Regards
Imrahn

Last edited:
Place the projector whether ceiling mounting or table placing, in such a way that you do not have to use keystone correction at all. If you use keystone you will notice one side of the screen will be sharper than the other side. So there will be difference in picture quality in top/bottom or left/right. It may not be noticeable in the beginning but after some time of use you will definitely feel it if you use keystone.

Maybe you can out a wooden shelf on the wall opposite to the screen for placing the pj if the distance between the walls is not too much.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back